Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for some writers

• 18-10-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm in the process of setting up a new website to cover motorsport news. I'm looking for some writers that would be able to write up a few articles in their spare time for the site. I'm not looking for anyone with a degree in journalism or anything just a few people that have an interest and would be willing to contribute. There will be no pay (unfortunately) unless the site attracts a lot of attention and in turn advertisers and sponsors. I've been testing the water to see how much traffic such articles would generate from my own photography website and I think this would work :cool:
    Post back here if you're interested.
    Someone to cover F1 would be a big help ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

thats a brave move mate with all the f1 related sites, but id be more than willing to help out. so let me know if you want me to help you with your site. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

rugalo wrote: »
    thats a brave move mate with all the f1 related sites, but id be more than willing to help out. so let me know if you want me to help you with your site. cheers
    Hi Rugalo,
    There's loads I know, but I'm aiming to cover the main areas of motorsport so not just F1. What area would you be willing to cover ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I would be interested in getting involved with this too, F1 would be my main area of interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

ye like joneser f1 is my main interest but more of the technical stuff, not enough technical in my eyes. ive recently found myself getting into the national circuit stuff. so wherever youve got room i suppose

PM's sent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just spotted this thread now. I'd be interested in this too. Formula 1 is my only real motorsport interest.

Just spotted this thread now. I'd be interested in this too. Formula 1 is my only real motorsport interest.
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭madmarco245

Hi, Cian.

I do some writeups on Simracing at racedepartment.com and I would love to help out if I can. I follow rallying (WRC, IRC) and F1. It's great that we can have an Irish site for motorsport news.

Good luck :)

Hi, Cian.

I do some writeups on Simracing at racedepartment.com and I would love to help out if I can. I follow rallying (WRC, IRC) and F1. It's great that we can have an Irish site for motorsport news.

Good luck :)
    PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

I'd be more than happy to do it mate, IndyCar and F1 are my main interests in motorsports..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

I could do some storys on Drifting or rallying if you wanted. I'd have a fairley good intrest in both

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

well i'm a college student who wants to do sports journalism when i'm finished. I'd be more than happy to do some Formula 1 writing but it's my only real area of motorsport expertise.

Red Storm wrote: »
    I'd be more than happy to do it mate, IndyCar and F1 are my main interests in motorsports..
    CianDon wrote: »
    I could do some storys on Drifting or rallying if you wanted. I'd have a fairley good intrest in both
    well i'm a college student who wants to do sports journalism when i'm finished. I'd be more than happy to do some Formula 1 writing but it's my only real area of motorsport expertise.
    PM's sent

I should have enough writers covering Formula 1 and rallying. I'm still looking for more to cover the other areas of motorsport such as drifting, autocross, motorbike racing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭X1R

well head, great idea. I used to rally and autocross here in the mid west. You said that you should have enough to cover rallying but if it's not late I would be interested in the above ?! Jonathan.

I'm a bit busy preparing for launch but once things are up and running, I'll get back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

I'd be very interested

Advertisement