Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv warranty... lost

Options
  • 18-10-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

bought a tv off ebay it was about 6 month old had it about a year now. it had a 3 year warranty with it when i bought it which I recieved no probs. NOw problem is a hazy blueish line has appeared around parts of the screen.

I have looked high and low in the house and cant find the warranty I am farily sure its still covered. I think it was from currys or dixons.

How would I go about checking where it was bought and getting it fixed, should I simply ring currys and dixons and ask them to check the number on the back of the tellly and see whats they can do...

What are my rights if they start giving me hassles

thanks paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Maybe check your ebay receipt (email details) and contact the seller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Imgetting a similar blue Haze on my screen, is yours a plasma ? i got a 5 year extented warranty with mine im wondering if it will be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If the TV you bought was second hand you might find the waranty is non transferrable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

paddyc wrote: »
    What are my rights if they start giving me hassles

Only the person who originally bought the TV has any statutory rights in this case, you have none at all. If there's a manufacturers warranty, and you registered the TV with them, then you'll be covered by that. You'll have to find that warranty card though.

It doesn't matter where it was originally bought, as you cannot go back to the retailer. Statutory entitlements do not transfer, and you have none from the private sale.

Advertisement