Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help with medal (C.S. Parnell)

• 06-10-2009 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a medal I need to verify.About the size of a 1 euro coin,with mans head in profile believed to be C S Parnell,surrounded by words- irish or irelands army of independence.Around this are shamrocks on right/leaves on left.It's convex in shape with inscription on back which reads- let my love be conveyed to my colleagues and the irish people.It's dated 1891 and believed to be silver.Any ideas anyone.Please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

sportfan wrote: »
    I have a medal I need to verify.About the size of a 1 euro coin,with mans head in profile believed to be C S Parnell,surrounded by words- irish or irelands army of independence.Around this are shamrocks on right/leaves on left.It's convex in shape with inscription on back which reads- let my love be conveyed to my colleagues and the irish people.It's dated 1891 and believed to be silver.Any ideas anyone.Please

Hi sportfan,

can you post some pictures, please? Would be nice to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sportfan

[IMG]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/jcal pictures medals[/IMG]
    Preusse wrote: »
    Hi sportfan,

can you post some pictures, please? Would be nice to see it.

I cant seem to get the hang of sending images,tried twice, please let me know if you can see pics.If not,will try again,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Nothing showing up yet,attaching a jpeg image is the most straight forward I think for boards,click on manage attachments and browse through your photos on your computer and press select when you choose one,once chosen press load and the photo should then be attached,this can be done for five photos in all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 thomasmi

hi
    yes I do it all the time if I ,you can , hit attachment after picture is ready

did it with old 1100s french madellions , came through ireland .

Hope this works

Think I got the hang of it,thanks very much guys,help much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I can't open the link,I'm using my daughters notebook laptop and its as slow as a wet week,I've seen Parnell medals for sale on ebay before so judgeing by the date you mentioned(even though not seeing the medal)I would be inclined to say its a commoration medal,parnell died in 1891.

Advertisement