Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Cancellation

Options
  • 18-10-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi

Hoping someone can advise me! (Can't find NTL Documents)

I signed up with NTL in July and it now looks like I will have to move back home.

Does anyone know if they insist on one year contracts? Or can it be terminated whenever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

You'll have to pay however remaining months you have.

i.e., your paying 50euro a month and have 4 months left in your contract., you'll have to pay 4x 50euro (200euro)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

CutzEr wrote: »
    You'll have to pay however remaining months you have.

i.e., your paying 50euro a month and have 4 months left in your contract., you'll have to pay 4x 50euro (200euro)

No, you'll have to pay a €100 cancellation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Whatever you do make sure all correspondence with NTL is by registered post. Don’t phone and expect anything to be cancelled etc.

Well documented cases on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I recently canceled my TV service with them and they requested that an email be sent to resolutionteam@upc.ie. They said that I received an email back but I didn't. They did however action the request 30 days from the date of receipt - which is their policy.

As said earlier there is a 100 euro charge per cancellation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

What they used to do in the UK was ask to transfer the account to an address that NTL couldn't service. NTL couldn't charge the customer for cancelling a service that they couldn't provide. Not sure if they allow it here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement