Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 kicking ass

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

The Iphone is €1000+ simfree this is why people don't buy simfree phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Calebmcd wrote: »
    The Iphone is 1000+ simfree this is why people don't buy simfree phones.

More like half that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Calebmcd wrote: »
    The Iphone is €1000+ simfree this is why people don't buy simfree phones.

eh, no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Dankoozy wrote: »
    More like half that

Where? Link please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

kearnsr wrote: »
    Did o2 make any one buy an iPhone? No

So because customers aren't being forced to buy an iPhone, it's okay for O2 to rip them off and not allow them to unlock their handset easily? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

when will Vodafone be getting their hands on the iphone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

(In case any o2 folks are reading.) I'm very resentful of the way o2 treat their customers regards pricing. They are price-gouging in the worst way.

I came off contract with o2 billpay several months ago. Their reps rang me several times allegedly to help me reduce my bill, but said I'd have to sign a new 12 month contract to get the lower rates. I had to stay on the higher package otherwise.

I was also pretty annoyed at how poor the upgrade credit is (Silver) on an account that averaging 100-140 a month. I offered to go onto an iPhone contract if they'd give me a decent upgrade package, they refused, eventually offering 50 euro call credit (better than nothing I'll admit, but compared with my spend and going onto an 18 month iPhone contract?).

I've moved to pay as you go, and will probably move from o2 completely if I see a better offer elsewhere.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    So because customers aren't being forced to buy an iPhone, it's okay for O2 to rip them off and not allow them to unlock their handset easily? :rolleyes:

Its a company, making a profit is what its about. Not making people feel warm and fuzzy.

That said I think their upgrades and the iPhone prices suck. Some of their tarrifs suit me better than other networks though. My solution was to get my phones elsewhere instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

BostonB wrote: »
    Its a company, making a profit is what its about. Not making people feel warm and fuzzy.

That said I think their upgrades and the iPhone prices suck. Some of their tarrifs suit me better than other networks though. My solution was to get my phones elsewhere instead.

While I'm that aware O2 are a company out to make money, like every other, they can still turn a profit without completely ripping off their customers; which is something they completely ignored with the iPhone and respective tariffs.

With that said, your second point pretty much sums up my sentiments regarding O2 and their iPhone pricing.

If they make their upgrades and iphone pricing so poor you have to assume they are getting enough business that they don't need to attract people to it.

That other networks have better upgrade/handset pricing, (though I don't think they all are) would suggest they feel they need to take that hit in order to attract customers back.

I think this is a result of O2 having better tarrifs for a number of years, so that lots of people find most people they ring are on O2 thus giving them a better tarrif. For people who have a different mix of calls other networks might be better value.

The whole issue of upgrades etc has been a hot topic on the O2 forums for a while. However you can get unlocked phones from the north or UK that are cheaper and work fine down here. So you can shop around.

The iPhone is obviously different to other handsets, in how its locked etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement