Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Maynooth ?

Options
  • 18-10-2009 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

We are a married couple with a small dog and we are moving to Maynooth after Xmas. Could anybody recommend a decent / quiet area to live in Maynooth ?
    Would anybody know is there nice walks around Maynooth for walking the dog ? Many thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm in Silkenvale (beside the train station). Nice quiet estate - love it here. Dogs not a problem.

There's plenty of walks. For a short one there's the mile (located at the corner at the top of the mainstreet). For more space the South Campus of the college is nice. Or probably the best option is Carton - acres and acres of space. You'd need to keep the dog on a lead (extendable one is fine) in some areas as you're traversing golf courses but there are also areas where you can let him run amok. There's also the canal - you can walk to Leixlip and get the train back if you time it right. Donadea Forest is a 10 minute drive away. Or there's just Harbour Field (aka People's Park) beside the train station where you can just let him loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shiv_182

Parklands is a really good estate. It's not loud, but it's got a good load of houses in it. It's just opposite the train station and everything is close enough to it. The best places that I would walk my dog would be around the old part of the college, or Carton, or the GAA.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We have just moved to Maynooth .
    There are loads of places to bring dogs for walks and it is a beautiful town.
    One thing we did find was houses for sale been advertised as 5/6 bedrooms when they were not.Some were really only 3 beds others were 4 with dining room being a bedroom too.
    There are a lot of estates full of students which we decided we did not want to live in but are nice houses all the same.
    We live in a really nice quite area 7 minutes from the train and so far I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I lived in Parklands for a few months, very family orientated estate and near everything, straight across from the train station. Very big estate, the house I lived in was gorgeous and we had lovely neighbours, I'd recommend it. Kids everywhere though if that's not your thing :) Carton Square is another nice one, very quiet area. It's one of the last estates on that road and after that it's all country, still very near to the village, just around the corner. I might be moving back to Maynooth next year and will definitely be looking in Carton Square again.

As for walking the dog, Carton House is a gorgeous place to walk, I walked there most days. Around the college is nice too.

Happy moving, it's a nice place to live and has a lot going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Thinking of moving to Crinnstown Courtyard or Carton Square.

Can anybody help us choose?

• Advertisement
Advertisement