Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview in Letterkenny?

Options
  • 18-10-2009 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,

An update to an old thread I found on the site. Just wondering what the latest situation is with freeview reception in the town. Live in the centre and looking to get freeview / sky channels without getting a satellite. If there is a better option other than freeview (with no satellite), would be very interested to hear..

Any help much appreciated, thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

With Freeview i think you will not get sky channels,you might get Sky News but you have to log out of freeview and into something else .Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mike24682

Cheers Hootananny.

Yeah, I thought that. But do you know if standard freeview is available in this area?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Freeview carries Sky News, Sky Sports News and Sky 3.

Full channel list here

Your ability to receive Freeview will depend on your incoming signal and from which transmitter you're receiving from (eg. Strabane transmitter does not carry Freeview).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

byte wrote: »

Full channel list here

Your ability to receive Freeview will depend on your incoming signal and from which transmitter you're receiving from (eg. Strabane transmitter does not carry Freeview).
    Do you know if Strabane will eventually carry Freeview? Will those of us who get our reception from Strabane then be able to receive Freeview? I've heard that some people have their aerial tuned to Limavady, I think, and they can get Freeview.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd expect Strabane to go digital about 2012, when the NI switchover begins.

Limavady, Brougher Mtn and Divis are the 3 Freeview carrying transmitters in NI at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

byte wrote: »

Full channel list here

I'm down in Dublin and cannot get Sky3 or Sky News do you know how i can re-programme the decoder .

Advertisement