Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Efes in O'Briens

• 18-10-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭

O'Briens are currently doing this for a euro a bottle or 16.99 for 20.

Had a few bottles last night. It's pretty nice and at 5% your getting your money's worth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Drank it in Turkey top stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Frisbee wrote: »

Had a few bottles last night. It's pretty nice and at 5% your getting your money's worth.

500ml?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cojomo2 wrote: »
    500ml?
    330ml, and they have single bottles for €1 if you want a sampler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

5%? O Briens sell alcohol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    5%? O Briens sell alcohol?
    I take it it's the off licence and not the sandwich place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

They do a few euro bottle deals in there, like Stella and Brahma. They vary it over the months, stock pending I suppose.

It's pretty good considering it's all in date and it's of the highish end of the scale (not some filthy cans of Dutch whatever), as most places - where I live anyway - only do the past the sell by date drinks for a euro.

any1 know what the cheapest weiss beer is? I drink a beer called Friar Weiss in the Gingerman pub near Pearse station..its 3.50/pint and its the nicest beer going..

Id love to be able to get some from the off license but most off the weiss beers are about 2 euro a bottle..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 extra chillis

O'briens also have another deal which is landing in thier stores over the next day or so - its a 440ml Grolsch 5% can 10 pack which they are going to sell at €12.99 but for a limited period if you buy 2 packs you get it for €20 - thats 20 cans of really great juice for €20. - was in one of their stores last night and one of the staff gave me the haeds up.
    Its much better than that Carlsberg 440ml can thats available in other places - i wouldn't wash my car with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

cojomo2 wrote: »
    any1 know what the cheapest weiss beer is? I drink a beer called Friar Weiss in the Gingerman pub near Pearse station..its 3.50/pint and its the nicest beer going..

Id love to be able to get some from the off license but most off the weiss beers are about 2 euro a bottle..

lidl sometimes have offers on weiss beer and alsi do one for less than two euro for 500ml, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

sweetie wrote: »
    lidl sometimes have offers on weiss beer and alsi do one for less than two euro for 500ml, I think

Aldi do SchofferHofer Weiss beer - its a beautiful beer - seriously ... €1.99 per 500ml
    Schofferhofer_Hefeweizen_L.jpg

Lidl do the Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier - lovely beer too ... €1.99 per 500ml

260px-franziskaner_weisse_169_ozglass.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I take it it's the off licence and not the sandwich place.

Did not know of their existance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

RayCon wrote: »
    Aldi do SchofferHofer Weiss beer - its a beautiful beer - seriously ... €1.99 per 500ml

I've bought the aldi one a few times and it's decent but have drank the franziskaner in pubs and it bootiful....wish they would do a special on it though
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Did not know of their existance.

that's mad.

I picked up two boxes of Efe (bird from SKins!) last night and it is very nice.
    Makes a change from all the the Brahma I was supping. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Frisbee wrote: »

I think Ireland was always a rop off, we are only now getting some value

RayCon wrote: »
    Schofferhofer_Hefeweizen_L.jpg

260px-franziskaner_weisse_169_ozglass.jpg

Yes, I have tried Schofferhofer-it lovely stuff alright...but I just wish they would do a special on it, 2 euro a bottle isn't anything special, its about rite for that beer, now if they did 24 bottles for 36 euro I'd be all over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Some decent spirit deals in O'Briens too...

Bacardi 70cl €22.09 to €18.09
    Jack Daniels 70cl €28.89 to €24.89
    Tullamore Dew 70cl €24.49 to €19.99
    Absolut Vodka 70cl €24.99 to €19.99

Seen this one in one of the stores at the reduced price, nice if yer into S&M:D

absolut.jpg

Advertisement