Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who was at the 2009 Stammering Awareness Day???...

Options
  • 18-10-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

...and what were the good and bad points of the get together if any???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

I was there Paul.
    Thought it was really good. Very efficient and well ran.
    There is so much to learn about stammering.
    It was great to get an insight in to it all, from the various presentations and speakers.

/Eric.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

i was there, thought it was a really well done, a great turn out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I really enjoyed the day. A great turn out as ever. I think next year the organisers should look for a bigger venue maybe? It was a little cramped especially when the childrens drama showcase was on.
    All the speakers gave excellent presentations, well done to all involved! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

Good Points
    There were quite a few speech therapists present...particularly student ones!!!
    I enjoyed the 10 short 15 minute presentations of personal experiences of stammering!!!
    The Speaking Circles are good now...I missed the Speaking Circles of 2008 as I was late!!!
    The performances by the kids were the highlight!!!
    The turnout...I think there was about 120 that showed up last year...this year there was 160 I'm led to believe!!!

Bad Points/Room For Improvement
    I think the day is a bit long...perhaps delaying the start by an hour to allowing everybody to get there in time...and ending an hour earlier...10:30am to 4:30pm!!! Although I suppose you can come and go as you like depending on what speakers you want to see!!!
    The room was sweltering in the afternoon!!! It was a bit crowded!!! But I guess it can be hard to judge what the attendance was gonna be!!!

Yeah, the speeches were really good. I enjoyed them immensely.
    I'm glad I got an opportunity to do one.
    I would have never thought I'd be up there speaking like that last year.
    It's a great feeling!

/Eric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Chef-1st wrote: »
    Yeah, the speeches were really good. I enjoyed them immensely.
    I'm glad I got an opportunity to do one.
    I would have never thought I'd be up there speaking like that last year.
    It's a great feeling!

/Eric.

your talk was inspirational eric, you should be very proud.

Thank you very much !

Was on to Michael O'Shea last night and I thanked him for giving me the opportunity, it was just perfect timing I suppose. :)
    I'm glad I did it, I needed that boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

The whole day was a huge success! I was really impressed with how well it was all run! and I LOVED the drama group! I thought they were brilliant (and whoever designed their tshirts, I just love them too)

congrats to everyone who was involved in the organising and the running on the day!

I'm looking forward to comeing back next year when (hopefully) I will be a qualified SLT!!

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 stutelle

I happen to know that one of the kids in the drama group designed the T shirts that they wore. those kids should be an inspiration to us all, they stood up there and were proud of who they are.

Advertisement