Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On The dole and going to las vegas

Options
  • 18-10-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi im on the dole and im going to las vegas in a few weeks.i had booked it before i got layed off from work. Just wondering are there many others on the dole going to vegas?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

None. That's how many. I hope you lose all your money and get roped into doing Donkey shows in Tijuana.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I'm going to Vegas soon too.

But I'm not sponging off the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,556 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Have you thought of cancelling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

j2u wrote: »
    Hi im on the dole and im going to las vegas in a few weeks.i had booked it before i got layed off from work. Just wondering are there many others on the dole going to vegas?
    Thanks

The dole office must've splashed out on their Christmas party for all the employees there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Vegas is expensive, it's not really a budget destination. You won't be able to do fup all when you get there unless you've got a fair chunk of money to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭furiousox

Rosco1982 wrote: »

l'm on the dole but l'm not going to vegas

l'm not sponging off the state either

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Just wondering are there many others on the dole going to vegas?
    Thanks

Some questions from boardsies are truly bizarre..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

I can only afford Atlantic City myself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Rosco1982 wrote: »

Yeah cause there's just so much work out there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,048 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

None. That's how many. I hope you lose all your money our charitable donations and get roped into doing Donkey shows in Tijuana.

fyp:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Trolling much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭furiousox

jumpguy wrote: »
    Trolling much?

+1 to that

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

dont_feed_the_troll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭j2u

First off what the hell is trolling???

in my defense i have booked and payed for this holiday before i was put on temporary leave.i can only now look for work as i was waiting for the nessecery time to go by so that i could claim for redundancy. i was given for days notice that i was out of a job and that it was going to be some weeks before i could claim my redundancy. it still has not been paid and it was only last week i could begin proceedings for it. I also still have a €4500 loan to pay back to the bank for a car i no longer have and had to sell to pay off what i could of the loan. so i could forget about my holiday or stay at home and save some money to put against my loan which wont make much difference.
    for what its worth the holday i got cheap and so i only had to save spending money of €1400. its not my fault companies have so much help to dodge paying redundancy. The dole is supposed to be to help while looking for a job but yet if i find a job and my boss rings at random and offers one day out of a month i have to work for him and risk my new job or give up my redundancy money which is over €3500.If he paid me my redundancy i would have used some of that money and put the money from the dole to part time education. i worked to 2 days for 9 hours each day and got €136 and i told the social welfare office (when i could eventually get through to them) and they said they would take €68 from my dole for working the 2 days so i worked in a job that was not even originally employed to do for €34 a day.
    On another note which would you prefer wait and collect the dole until you can get your redundancy or work for €34 a day in a job you hated and should not have been doing to begin with?
    In conclusion i going to vegas and im bringing down the house .BOOM BABY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Thanks

i must text in the next time fergus ( i dont believe any child should have to wear hand me down school uniforms ) finlay is on the radio , he recently said that people will starve to death if the dole is in anyway cut

anyone on the dole who is going to vegas is recieving too much wellfare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

First off what the hell is trolling???

in my defense i have booked and payed for this holiday before i was put on temporary leave.i can only now look for work as i was waiting for the nessecery time to go by so that i could claim for redundancy. i was given for days notice that i was out of a job and that it was going to be some weeks before i could claim my redundancy. it still has not been paid and it was only last week i could begin proceedings for it. I also still have a €4500 loan to pay back to the bank for a car i no longer have and had to sell to pay off what i could of the loan. so i could forget about my holiday or stay at home and save some money to put against my loan which wont make much difference.
    for what its worth the holday i got cheap and so i only had to save spending money of €1400. its not my fault companies have so much help to dodge paying redundancy. The dole is supposed to be to help while looking for a job but yet if i find a job and my boss rings at random and offers one day out of a month i have to work for him and risk my new job or give up my redundancy money which is over €3500.If he paid me my redundancy i would have used some of that money and put the money from the dole to part time education. i worked to 2 days for 9 hours each day and got €136 and i told the social welfare office (when i could eventually get through to them) and they said they would take €68 from my dole for working the 2 days so i worked in a job that was not even originally employed to do for €34 a day.
    On another note which would you prefer wait and collect the dole until you can get your redundancy or work for €34 a day in a job you hated and should not have been doing to begin with?
    In conclusion i going to vegas and im bringing down the house .BOOM BABY.

Don't explain yourself to these kiljoys. On the dole and going to vegas, haha brilliant, fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

How's about ya go searching for a job here before sponging off the government funding a trip where youre gonna lose more money. Wow, some people can be such ninkimpoops:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Sounds deadly.
    Enjoy your spare time while you've got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Mayoegian wrote: »
    How's about ya go searching for a job here before sponging off the government funding a trip where youre gonna lose more money. Wow, some people can be such ninkimpoops:mad:

Leave it out your wrecking his holiday buzz!!!

Bring us back a stick of rock pal.

I think all you're trying to do here in posting this is:

'Hey look guys, I'm heading to Vegas to get loose cash and women, mwhahaha, enjoy the recession!'

FYI, we're not jealous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I heard that as long as you're gambling the drinks are free.

Play the penny slots every night and get locked on the cheap OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I think all you're trying to do here in posting this is:

'Hey look guys, I'm heading to Vegas to get loose cash and women, mwhahaha, enjoy the recession!'

FYI, we're not jealous

Ehm.... I'm quite jealous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

phasers wrote: »
    I heard that as long as you're gambling the drinks are free.

Play the penny slots every night and get locked on the cheap OP!
    This is true.It had a great effect on me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

FYI, we're not jealous

I am. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

Maybe your luck will change out in Vegas and you'll win a few quid at the tables. Enjoy it dude and don't let the bastards grind you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Dont mind them OP. Enjoy Vegas and fingers crossed you get a job when you get home :)

TheZohan wrote: »
    I am. :)

shhhh, dont let him know that..

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Thanks

Well I'm happy for you. I know you said you booked it before you went on the dole BUT even if you did pay for it out of your dole money that would still be alright. No one is told how to spend the dole. Fair enough its not a whole lot, i couldn't manage vegas!, but some people CAN save!
    Fair play to you and enjoy every minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Gambling while on the dole?:rolleyes: Nobody's jealous OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭j2u

thanks guys, as i already mentioned its only now that im able to look for work without sacrificing my redundancy.after a cock made by the bank filling out the wrong form they ended up transferring money to paypals company account and my account. i had to give up my credit card when i restructerd my loan a few weeks ago and seeing as im the only one with a paypal account we had to use mine to pay for hotel accomadation in new york.
    The flight back gets into new york and 12.00 pm but the next flight to dublin is not until 9pm the following night so we have to stay a night in new york on the last night. So thanks to the bank donating €250 of my money to paypal i only have €26 in my bank account and €25 in cash, the rest is all dollars and half of this weeks dole i owe to my father.So its not that the dole is paying me too much and €650 of the €1400 spending money came from money i saved while working. So for all those people out there still pissed that im going im gonna put all on red just for you!!. LET IT ROLL BABY, YEAHHHH

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement