Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On The dole and going to las vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

j2u wrote: »
    Hi im on the dole and im going to las vegas in a few weeks.i had booked it before i got layed off from work. Just wondering are there many others on the dole going to vegas?
    Thanks

I'm going myself in a few weeks and I'm unemployed at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

RoverJames wrote: »
    Whatever anyone wants to do with their dole is their own business I reckon, so long as they do not have partners or kids. Especially folk who have worked and are not career dole receivers. Enjoy the holiday :D

Unfortunately, most people think that people on social welfare should only spend money on food and rent, if they can afford to buy a pint or a pack of smokes they are getting too much. Typical rubbish... :rolleyes:
    Mayoegian wrote: »
    How's about ya go searching for a job here before sponging off the government funding a trip where youre gonna lose more money. Wow, some people can be such ninkimpoops:mad:

Read the post, then come back, read it again then post... because it is obvious you didn't read the OP. Assuming he is going to gamble, maybe he is, so what?

You say:
    pebbles21 wrote: »
    Hey OP do you know the the very top of the Stratosphere Tower.......

Go Hang your bo**olks on it !!

Then you say...
    pebbles21 wrote: »
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

The only thing that stays there is your money;)

But fcuk it have a great time and fcuk the begrudgers on here :D

I'm confused... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭j2u

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm going myself in a few weeks and I'm unemployed at the moment.

hello fellow brother!!!!

i was starting to think i was the only one, im going to november.

hello fellow brother!!!!

Nah, lots go on holidays while on social. I was away twice or 3 times last year :P Thing is you can only go for 12 days...

hello fellow brother!!!!

Going the 19th for 6 nights, when are you going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

phasers wrote: »
    I heard that as long as you're gambling the drinks are free.

Play the penny slots every night and get locked on the cheap OP!
    You have to have at least $10 in the machine, stay at the bar though because the lady's that bring the drink to you expect a tip so you could end up spending an unnecessary $1 per drink tipping them or they won't serve you.

Life is all about experiences so enjoy yourself, I don't care if you get the money off the government, I'd rather you spend it having a good time than any of those fat pricks in government get it.

Seriously though vegas is expensive, watch your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭j2u

im going flying out on the 12th mate. it would be a funny coincidence if we bumped into each other

ScumLord wrote: »
    You have to have at least $10 in the machine, stay at the bar though because the lady's that bring the drink to you expect a tip so you could end up spending an unnecessary $1 per drink tipping them or they won't serve you.

Life is all about experiences so enjoy yourself, I don't care if you get the money off the government, I'd rather you spend it having a good time than any of those fat pricks in government get it.

Seriously though vegas is expensive, watch your money.

So say they expect a tip, and they don't serve you if you don't tip... couldn't you just call one over every time they walk past? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

same as! myself and 7 mates in the excalibur on the 19th for 6 nights.

i can beat ya OP, unemployed and i DONT get the dole.dont care, there was no way im missing a lads trip to vegas.cant wait!!

vegas is struggling at the minute, recession and all.great deals to be got.i know 2 other groups going in the next month or so too.gonna be a lot of irish out there im thinkin....

im going flying out on the 12th mate. it would be a funny coincidence if we bumped into each other

Tis a small world :pac:
    df1985 wrote: »
    same as! myself and 7 mates in the excalibur on the 19th for 6 nights.

i can beat ya OP, unemployed and i DONT get the dole.dont care, there was no way im missing a lads trip to vegas.cant wait!!

vegas is struggling at the minute, recession and all.great deals to be got.i know 2 other groups going in the next month or so too.gonna be a lot of irish out there im thinkin....

Probably getting the same flight!!

Vegas for my birthday and my cousin's birthday, its gonna be an unforgettable experience. I'm all excited like a kid waiting for christmas day now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

weird, we'll be celebratin two birthdays over there aswell! myself and a mates.

Tis a small world :pac:

Probably getting the same flight!!

Vegas for my birthday and my cousin's birthday, its gonna be an unforgettable experience. I'm all excited like a kid waiting for christmas day now! :D
    df1985 wrote: »
    weird, we'll be celebratin two birthdays over there aswell! myself and a mates.

Ok, this is fcuked up... really...

I bet you two are related... or something...

*edit*

Since trolling is against the rules, are the above posters not breaking rules by back seat modding? Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't care if you get the money off the government, I'd rather you spend it having a good time than any of those fat pricks in government get it

Where do you think the government gets its money? A magic lamp?

It comes from us. He's off to Vegas, gambling with your money and mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

im staying at the excalibur hotel €487 for 7 nights.

Then cancel and rebook.
    I just checked their website and a room in the Excalibur from the 19th November for 7 nights is currently $317, $375 inc tax. (Two of you in a room is about €130 each for the week.)
    You are paying approx twice that.

Ok, this is fcuked up... really...

I bet you two are related... or something...

Nobody from Leixlip on my trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

im gettin laid off the end of this month and going o london next week then to tokyo next month nad vegas in february... dunno how im gonna get the chance to even start looking for a new job :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

So say they expect a tip, and they don't serve you if you don't tip... couldn't you just call one over every time they walk past? :P
    I've tried my level best to avoid tipping but they do talk to each other and your only hope is if there's big tippers at your table. Sit at a full table with other Americans and she'll always come to the table. Avoid other Europeans because apparently we have a reputation for being bad tippers wherever they got that idea.

The main problem is the minimum bet at a table is $5. That adds up pretty quick but if you sit at the bar playing the video poker you can get cheap drink. Stick $10 in the poker machine at the bar (there's video poker at every seat at the bar) stick another $10 in the tip jar and all your drinks are free. Sitting at a table means you have to wait for the drinks lady to come round. If your at the bar you can shout your drink. I also wasn't above sweet talking the barman to avoid paying money. Vegas was the only place in America where they're wise to the Irish charm.
    FruitLover wrote: »

I honestly don't care at this stage, any money taken away from the government is win, win in my books. They're only going to throw it down a hole and I'd rather my fellow countrymen have a good time rather than it lining the pockets of the ***** in government. Either way it's his money to do with as he pleases. If he'd rather go to vegas than eat that's his decision. and fair play to him, as I already said life is about experiences and everybody deserves to have a life worth living. Even if I was on the dole I'd make it my mission to get out of this country at least once a year. You can't appreciate how bad this place is until you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Enjoy vega. I presume since you booked before being let go you saved some? I think you're allowed a max of 10days by the way and must inform your social office

Ah get off your high horse would ya? This sort of narrow minded thinking is getting old. I hate the holier than thou types, it's your money.... it's not your money, it's my money. If I was spending your money, that would be called stealing. So get your facts straight before you start shouting off your mouth about "he's spending OUR money OMFG!!!one!11..." because it is complete and utter bullcrap...

Ever been on social welfare? I hope you end up there some day, it's the only way your type will wake up to reality... Who said he was gambling? He might be, but that is not the only thing to do in vegas, christ...

congo_90 wrote: »
    Enjoy vega. I presume since you booked before being let go you saved some? I think you're allowed a max of 10days by the way and must inform your social office

It's 12 days not including sundays, so really it's 14 days. Gotta tell them down in social though, although I don't think they check it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

How's about ya go searching for a job here before sponging off the government funding a trip where youre gonna lose more money. Wow, some people can be such ninkimpoops:mad:

I agree .. and I actually think on Thursdays we should follow a few of these scumbags on the dole and catch them as they head off for the airports, ferry terminals etc.

If people are swaning off each week to destinations like Vegas etc - then I for one am not standing for it. What's next .. renting sports cars, designer clothes? I think we should nip this in the bud while we can.

That money is supposed to be for Lidl and Lidl alone god dammit :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

From this thread I've learned (via people who have jobs): if I'm laid off, I must make sure not to sign on (basically live income-free) for the indefinite - and likely lengthy - period I'm out of work and looking, as this is "sponging off the state".

/scribbles pearl of wisdom in notebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

.. youre gonna lose more money.

Hey, hey .. don't be so negative .. he might win :) (Black 22 ;))
    He's off to Vegas, gambling with your money and mine.

Your better wish him luck so :D:D:D

When you get there you could do a Nic Cage and just drink yourself into oblivion and chances are some Elisabeth Shue lookalike will fall in love with you :P

Lonely Planet Guide ..

Some Crazy Guy's Guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I've been through Las Vegas on a horse with no name. It felt good to be out of the rain.

In Las Vegas you can remember your name cos there aint no-one for to gve you no pain.

La la la la la la la la la la la la

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Nico22 wrote: »
    Hey, hey .. don't me so negative .. he might win :) (Black 22 ;))

Your better wish him luck so :D:D:D

When you get there you could do a Nic Cage and just drink yourself into oblivion and chances are some Elisabeth Shue lookalike will fall in love with you :P

Lonely Planet Guide ..

Some Crazy Guy's Guide

Elizabeth Shue fell in love with me.#

Hence the horse with no name

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

I went to Vegas, lost everything....now im on the dole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

ronaneire wrote: »
    Beats hanging around Bray. :D

whats wrong with bingo with all the grannies ? :confused:
    irish-stew wrote: »
    atlantic homecare for me

:(

the strippers there arent as great TBH :pac:
    Some questions from boardsies are truly bizarre..:confused:

well you'll be shocked with the answers so. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I love when people get so pissy about people "on the dole" going on holidays; like they're not entitled to it or somethin!

I was let go in April, went on a fully pre-booked trip to Thailand during the summer and spent thousands of Euro, while claiming the dole. I earned that right by paying taxes. Much moreso than each and every of the college keyboard warriors that make up 90% of the poeple that get so upitty about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

None. That's how many. I hope you lose all your money and get roped into doing Donkey shows in Tijuana.

Its a 20hr drive to TJ from Las Vegas, thats a long way to go for some 'ass'

• Advertisement

consultech wrote: »
    I love when people get so pissy about people "on the dole" going on holidays; like they're not entitled to it or somethin!

I was let go in April, went on a fully pre-booked trip to Thailand during the summer and spent thousands of Euro, while claiming the dole. I earned that right by paying taxes. Much moreso than each and every of the college keyboard warriors that make up 90% of the poeple that get so upitty about it.

I was going to thank this post to show I agreed until you started waffling on about college... I think you will find that most of the moaners are people who work and were never on social welfare, they cannot understand because, simply put, they are too ignorant :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement