Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for Quigleys

Options
  • 18-10-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Good day to all,

I have been following the threads on the boards for awhile. I find them very interesting. It has been great to learn more about the actual doings and complaints ;) of the residents in specific areas.

I have been trying to research the genealogy of my family for years.

I have made little luck in finding the roots of many ancestors such as the o'haras, and conleys.

However, I have found more information on my Quigleys!

I would love to touch base with any Quigleys that are relatives to find out what they are doing, etc.

I have found the following

William Quigley + Mary D'Arcy married at some point in the 19th century.

They had the following children:

Mary Quigley(1844-1904), Thomas Quigley, Mary Marcella Quigley, Cornelius Quigley, Peter Quigley(b11/12/1842), & Elenora Quigley

Mary Quigley came to south Boston, MA and had many children and grandchidlren.

Peter Quigley's baptismal sponsors were Bernard Quigley and a Judith Quigley.

Peter Quigley had many children apparently. They were born in or around Kileendeema and baptised there for the most part.
    Catherine, William, Bridget, Bernard, Mary, Penelope, Peter, Margaret, Isabella.

I have found that William came to America in the 20th century and Mary Quigley(his aunt) was a sponsor. Additionally Catherine seemed to come, but there is a transcription at the graveyard(see below).

Mr. Quibell from Australia sent the following information regarding burials in the cemetery in Killeendeema. This confirmed some of the information.

Peter Quigley Dec 1954
    Catherine Quigley Sep 1953
    children
    Brian Apr 1949
    Isabella Mar 1955
    Margaret 8 Apr 1974
    Peter 3 Oct 1972
    Mary 26 Jan 1982
    by daughter Katie
    Just would like to find out more and share information with any cousins.

best wishes
    bill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Hey,

Quigley is such an unusual name.. I know a Quigley family in Galway... been there for years.. Don't want to give names on here put pm me and i'll put you in the right direction... it may help and they may just be related to you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

There's a Squiggley in Tuam but unlikely to be related!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 the_doctor

dec25532 wrote: »

I saw Quigleys in Tuam when reviewing the baptism records for the Galway area. I saw ones from other places as well. I do not know if they are even further distant relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Try here

http://galwaywest.brsgenealogy.com/

I know quigleys in the east of the country if that would help

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

There is quigleys in moylough here in co galway...a few are now scattered about the country but many are still here...

• Advertisement

Try here

http://galwaywest.brsgenealogy.com/

I know quigleys in the east of the country if that would help

I have already put together as much as I can from the other database and several other databases. Would like to gather more anything regarding current Quigley's info for prior Quigleys such as my great great grandmother.

I just know that someone must have a book or a bible with more detail in it. Additional Quigley cousins came over in the 20th century and the detail is somewhat confusing as it seems one WENT BACK. Would like to gather detail on this too.

thanks

bill

Still trying to find some Quigley cousins!!

If anyone wants to swap information and such it would be great. I would like to find out about living cousins and such!

Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

you would be better off dropping a line (letter to the editor) of the Tuam Herald. the older generation who do not surf the net can be a mine of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Random ! I am a Quigley in Wicklow. I lived in the northwest two years ago and it is littered with Quigleys!

There are some Quigleys around here. There seems to be quite a large number. Quigleys have married Quigleys with seemly no relation.

I have tracked some of the cousins via a combination of online baptismal transcriptions and cemetery transcriptions.

Some of them are definitely deceased.

There seemed to be only one set of Quigleys in Loughrea. I can't piece them all together, but one subset of Quigleys seems to have served as godparents to the other subset.

Some of the Quigleys came to Boston. My great grandmother was a sponsor. Some of the birth dates on the american paperwork do not correspond to the transcriptions from Ireland.

My great grandmother was Mary Quigley. She was born in 1844. Her parents were William Quigley and Mary D'Arcy. She had a whole host of siblings, which I have partly identified. I have identified some of the nephews and nieces.

I would really like to track the rest and see if we can get past William Quigley and Mary D'Arcy to a previous point in history.

Plus it is always nice to meet cousins.

Bill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What does yer man in the Tayto Ad. say again ??!!

There's always 1 !!!!
    :):rolleyes::D

dec25532 wrote: »

I'm sure you've tried O.P., but how about a library out the county? They may be of some help or even point you in the right direction. Can't say I personally now any-one of that name in Galway, but other Posters here appear to know, so hopefully you will find them soon. Good luck in your search .....

Advertisement