If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips SJM3152 2-way RF remote Ipod Dock. NEW BOXED.

Options
  • 18-10-2009 4:59pm
    Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All.

Just wanted to post up this excellent deal on the Philips SJM3152 2-way RF remote Ipod Dock.:D

PhilipsSJM3152.jpg

These items are all BRAND NEW BOXED and priced at ONLY £39.95 / 44.99 Euro!!! I-Pod Not Included!!
    This Price Is a BOARDIE SPECIAL!
    POSTAGE ON THIS PRODUCT WOULD BE £6.99 / 7.99 Euro.
    OR CAN BE COLLECTED FROM THE PHILIPS SHOP

THIS UNIT ORIGINALY RETAILED FOR 99.95 Euro / £79.95!!

This is one of the best value docks around thanks to some very clever features :

* 2-way rf remote control. This lets you see what is on your ipod from the remote control so you don't need to go near your ipod. You simply your ipod catalogue of albums, artists, videos etc etc, on the remote control so you can play what you want directly from the remote control.The remote is also RF so it will work anywhere in the house, or the dock can be hidden away from view.
    * Ipod charging. Charges your ipod in the dock which means no dead battery and no loss of tunes.
    * 6 in one remote - The remote control has pre-programmed codes for other makes and models so you can control your TV etc using the ipod remote.
    * Video output for watching your Ipod videos on your TV.
    * Audio output to connect directly into your hifi or amplifier.
    * Wide Ipod Compatibility
    This dock works with the following ipods :
    Ipod Touch 1st & 2nd Generation, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB
    Ipod Nano 1st generation (1GB, 2GB & 4GB, 2nd generation (2GB, 4GB & 8GB), 3rd generation (4GB & 8GB) & 4th Generation (video) 8GB, 16GB
    Ipod Classic 80GB, 120GB & 160GB, Classic 4th generation (20GB, 40GB), Classic 4th generation (colour screen) 20GB, 30GB, 40GB & 80GB, Classic Video (5th generation) 30GB, 60GB & 80GB,
    Ipod Mini 4GB & 6GB
    Please do not purchase this Ipod dock if your ipod is not listed here.
    The dock comes complete with :
    Dock & power cable
    Ipod adapters
    Remote control & batteries
    A/V cable for audio & video output
    Manual on CD and printed quick start guide
    For other product info, click here : http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sjm3152_10/sjm3152_10_pss_eng.pdf

We only have a limited quantity, so grab one while you can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

That looks like a cool gadget - I'll take one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Yes please - I'll have one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I will take one of these too please. Also I seen in another thread, John said he could do the Philips Bdp3000 for £99.95. Can I order both items together?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Boardies,

Apologies I have not yet posted on this thread - but this really is a great product for you guys out there with an Ipod.

~ 2 Way Remote - so you can view your track listing on your remote
    ~ Video output - so you can see your menu on your TV
    ~ 6 in One remote - so your family will not give out to you for buying another gadget! This one will actually REDUCE the remote count in your home!

And best of all we made a mistake on our original posting - we posted the Euro prices as the sterling prices!

The correct price was £79.95 / €99.99 -

However we are now doing it at just:

£39.95 / €44.99

Please note this price is a Boardies exclusive and we will of course honour this price for all orders already placed.

Thanks as ever guys and drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

John, we don't mind mistakes when the price goes down. :D

So what exactly do you see on the TV with this? Just the menu, or can you actually browse your ipod, see album art,playlists, etc? If you have an iPOD Touch can you browse/view your apps, etc, on the TV? Trying to imagine how the little iPOD screen with look on a 32"+?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

eddiem74 wrote: »
    John, we don't mind mistakes when the price goes down. :D

So what exactly do you see on the TV with this? Just the menu, or can you actually browse your ipod, see album art,playlists, etc? If you have an iPOD Touch can you browse/view your apps, etc, on the TV? Trying to imagine how the little iPOD screen with look on a 32"+?

...Err - we are checking it now - we will post back here this morning to see how bad the menu looks ona 42PFL9664!

BTW - you will also be able to pick these units up From The Philips Shop later this week if you want to save the P & P!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

When are these little beauties expected into the Phillips Shop ?

Any chance it will be this Thursday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guys

I should have these in store Thursday PM latest.
    Once my greedy mitts are on them I'll let you know.

Cheers
    Ash

...Err - we are checking it now - we will post back here this morning to see how bad the menu looks ona 42PFL9664!

Any insight ?

Hi there.

I'll dig out my Ipod (usually live in the shop but took it home last week to update the songs on it - got a little sick of what was on it....) and bring it in tomorrow and try it out see what it looks like.

Sorry for the delay

Ash

• Advertisement

Got mine today thanks. Works a treat.

Hi Eddiem74

Haven't forgotten about you, will try tomorrow - other half pinched my ipod this am to take to work.....

Will pinch it back tonight and rig it up tomorrow

cheers
    Ash

Hi Guys

OK heres the scoop...

I have the SJM3152 in stock in The Philips Shop now.

But.....

So far despite trying an Ipod Photo, iPod Classic, iPod touch and an iPhone we have failed to get any video output from any of them (music Vids or the Ipod menu system)
    Happily sends the Audio out to HiFi systems no worries

It seems that this isnt designed into them but why the video cables eh???

Philips Ireland are now looking into this - we had one of our reps into day playing about with it - no joy. Hopefully we'll have an answer soonish

The menu will show up on the supplied universal remote control so you can control the iPods that way no worries plus control other pieces of AV gadgetry you have.

Pretty cool universal remote all in esp at the price John has offered them up.

Cheers
    Ash

Didn't work for me either......thought it was operator error...

Oh dear ... the video output is what made this stand out. It would be a shame if it didn't actually work.

Doesn't make sense :confused:

I was going to pick mine up today at lunchtime ... I'm in two minds now.

Yeah it seems that it isn't actually ment to output any video signal from the iPods.

But the fact that the remote will operate and control your ipod (with the ipods menu info on its own little screen) via 2 way RF is pretty cool, esp if the ipod is on the other side of the room and you can see it.

Dont forget the Remote is a full on universal type and will control other devices as well.

Doubt you'll find a better or more capable ipod dock and remote at anywhere near this price eh!

cheers
    Ash

Yeah it seems that it isn't actually ment to output any video signal from the iPods.

But the fact that the remote will operate and control your ipod (with the ipods menu info on its own little screen) via 2 way RF is pretty cool, esp if the ipod is on the other side of the room and you can see it.

Dont forget the Remote is a full on universal type and will control other devices as well.

Doubt you'll find a better or more capable ipod dock and remote at anywhere near this price eh!

cheers
    Ash

Agreed, am getting one sent down with delivery next week from Belfast ! :D

Ummm ... so why is there an s-video port & s-video cable ?

Confusion ... I has it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Is it iphone compatible?

Yep a strange one re the video cables - I've asked the question to the Philips Bod who looks after these and he'll chase it up for us.

No its not iPhone compatiable I'm afraid, most of the others up to the iTouch iPods though.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Dang, no worries ash, we've two iphones in this house!

Hi Sofireland

Sorry about that!

have a good weekend
    Ash

Yep a strange one re the video cables - I've asked the question to the Philips Bod who looks after these and he'll chase it up for us.

Just wondering if Philips have shed any light on this ?

If the device doesn't actually output s-video, I'll keep looking :)

Nowt as yet I'm afriad
    As soon as I hear something I'll be straight onto Boards.

Sorry to keep you waiting

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Any news regarding this issue yet Ash. Might still be interested in one at the right price. An s-video output must have been included for some reason, output through an av amp prehaps, I live in hope.

Hi Guys

Sorry guys the answer on this is NO, it wont output info from iPods onto a TV screen.

Dont ask why they include video cables...........

It will display the info on the actual remote control however.

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.