Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve Tyre Stolen

Options
  • 18-10-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

There seems to be a scam going around - people steal reserve tyres of Opel Zafira's. Mine was stolen yesterday :mad: - this was reported to the Gardai - but they cannot do much about it. Anybody experiencing the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There seems to be a scam going around - people steal reserve tyres of Opel Zafira's. Mine was stolen yesterday :mad: - this was reported to the Gardai - but they cannot do much about it. Anybody experiencing the same?

I am truly sorry to hear that but please don't call it a scam. It may be happening but they aren't holding it hostage or selling it back to you. It's a theft not a scam. I haven't heard of any other cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

I know of at least 7 other recent cases in the Louth area... so I am not alone. And I feel that my spare tyre might be held as a hostage and would NOT be surprised if somebody would try to sell it back to me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

I know of at least 7 other recent cases in the Louth area... so I am not alone. And I feel that my spare tyre might be held as a hostage and would NOT be surprised if somebody would try to sell it back to me :eek:
    Perhaps its for the bonfire ?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

There was an enquiry in the UK before about this, I think that a lot of owners were trying to claim design fault from Vauxhall. Not much comfort but maybe if they got somewhere then there is a precedent to look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Good point DundalkDuffman - I will check with Opel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement