Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What toothpaste do you use?

• 18-10-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

I have been using Colgate Total for a while now but I am not really happy with my teeth.

Can anybody recommend other brands from personal experience? The Beverly Hills brand always catches my eye as does Euthymol. I did try them both once before but I guess you would have to be using them continually over a period of time.

What toothpaste do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

To be quite honest I use whatever is on sale in the Supermarket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i like cold things, therefore i use sensodyne with whitening.

if i use anything else my teeth hurt when i eat/drink cold things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Beverly Hills Formula is very good, started using it a couple of years ago. They have three different kinds, one of them is horrible tasting, can't remember which, think it's the one with the gold stripe across the top of the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Beverly hills is superior to Rembrandt I think.

AT the moment I use Colgate sensations something or other in the morning, and a Crest 'Night action' one that I got in the States at night time.

I also try to use the once weekly Colgate total one too; and try to use a sonic toothbrush as much as possible:)

My father uses Euthymol. He has awful teeth tho so he really wouldn't be an endorsement of any kind of toothpaste. It does smell and taste weird, kind of burns in the mouth too.

I don't like Aquafresh for no good reason really. And Listerine is my mouthwash of choice. Plax is vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

I use Aldi's own brand. It's fine. Although I have noticed a hole in my tooth getting bigger since I started using it :pac: but it might be a coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i use colgate total and colgate whitening which you use once a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I swear by Euthymol, it gives you the cleanest feeling ever in your mouth afterwards ! Plus its really cheap.
    Very strong taste tho, so not for everyone I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Sensodyne Pro enamel. Expensive stuff but good for my teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Just bought some Euthymol there today! Only €1.75. The choppers certainly feel fresher after one brush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'm a baking soda man myself so stick to the old arm and hammer mostly.
    Might give the Euthymol a go though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I used to use Aldis but it tastes different to others so will stop using it.
    Otherwise, whatever is cheapest - I'm easy and it's the brushing that's the important part.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

+1 for Euthymol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

Arm & Hammer is the best for whitening I have found :D. I have tried practically every brand there is. Not a big fan of the beverlyhills formula didn't do the job for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

A few really crap fact about toothpaste.

Whiting toothpastes contain silica, thats the abrasive that removes the stains.
    Euthymol and all the whitening versions of the brands.

'Total' toothpastes have Triclosan as an active ingredient.

Sensitive toothpastes have acetate.

There are really the basic choices.

Also according to one supplier if a toothpaste has an exp date on the pack it is classed as a medicine and has to have evidence of a benefit. (Sensodyne Enamal protect)

If it has no exp date, just a pic that looks like an open pot with 3m / 6m / or 12m in the pot it is classed as a cosmetic product and does not have to have any proof of effectiveness.

Lastly all own brand products I have seen in the main supermarkets (except Superquinn) look to me to be from the same supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    A few really crap fact about toothpaste.

Whiting toothpastes contain silica, thats the abrasive that removes the stains.
    Euthymol and all the whitening versions of the brands.

'Total' toothpastes have Triclosan as an active ingredient.

Sensitive toothpastes have acetate.

There are really the basic choices.

Also according to one supplier if a toothpaste has an exp date on the pack it is classed as a medicine and has to have evidence of a benefit. (Sensodyne Enamal protect)

If it has no exp date, just a pic that looks like an open pot with 3m / 6m / or 12m in the pot it is classed as a cosmetic product and does not have to have any proof of effectiveness.

Lastly all own brand products I have seen in the main supermarkets (except Superquinn) look to me to be from the same supplier.

just to add a little more to that, the abrasive in whitening toothpastes can make your teeth sensitive in the long run, and the effect usually takes months.
    i just use whatever one had fluoride, and colgate total has the highest levels for an over the counter toothpaste.

py2006, what is it that you're not happy about?? since no one else has asked, are you a smoker?? red wine/coffee/tea drinker??
    it may not be the toothpaste that could answer your problems!!

Advertisement