Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get a mirror drilled

Options
  • 18-10-2009 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi
    Is it possible to get a mirror drilled? Is it expensive to get it done?

I have a mirror that has no holes with plastic holders. but unfortunately the holders are too small and won't let me use the holes that have already been drilled in the wall.

Should I get the mirror drilled - or would it be a better idea to get a different holder?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

yes my brother drilled my mirror. Can you use mirror adhesive to stick it to the wall. It works quote well. Or stick it to wood and fix the wood to the wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

The mirror adhesive seems like a good idea - I'm not keen on drilling because if I make a mistake it could ruin the mirror. Should you put some kind of backing on the mirror before you stick it to the wall? Is it possible to take the mirror off if you ever need to?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The mirror adhesive seems like a good idea - I'm not keen on drilling because if I make a mistake it could ruin the mirror. Should you put some kind of backing on the mirror before you stick it to the wall? Is it possible to take the mirror off if you ever need to?

Mirror adhesive is specially formulated to stick mirrors to walls without causeing the backs of mirrors to peal off or the wall from seperating.

All you have to do is make sure the wall is clean. Score the wall at the part where you are stick and buy low tack masking tape to hold the mirror on while it sets.

The mirror will not come off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Fingal glass in swords will drill it 4 you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Or you can buy a glass/tile drill bit for about €6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

you'd get a decent bit for about 6 euro. don't bother getting any cheapo budget bits for tile or glass, utter crap. Put a bit of masking tape over the area first to stop the bit from possibly skipping...should be fine. Just be careful and don't rush it. and yeah other than that you can use mirror glue, it's strong stuff and pretty handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

you could just bring it to a mirror shop (I'm not being facetious!)...not expensive, it'll be really quick, and they have the right tools for the job.
    Alternatively, buy a glass drill bit. again, not expensive, but can be a pain in the ass, and you run the risk of breaking the mirror if you get impatient. Take it VERY slowly if drilling glass, and if possible, submerge the glass in water whilst drilling...

Advertisement