Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulsterbank student overdraft help!!

Options
  • 18-10-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I need money short term and this is lookin like my only option. I want to know how hard it is to get say if i make an account with them tomorrow will i be able to apply straight away and will i need a guarantor as i have no job.
    Thank you in advance.
    (please no comments on how i shouldnt get an overdraft)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well,

Your allowed to have a 650 interest free overdraft on the account. You can get more depending on the year your in and the course your doing. You do not always need a guarantor, that depends on the amount needed.

Of course all this depends if your using the account. If its new enough, ie you opened us for college this year then the 650 should not be a problem. If its older and your not using at all you may have an issue.

Either way, go into your local branch with your current student ID card and ask to talk to the student officer and go through the application with them. Normally if there is no problems and the "computer says yes" it will be avalible to draw asap and will show online or at the ATM within 48hrs. If its declined it may be appealed but only if there is a good reason. This will then normally have a 72hr turn around max.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed you may not actually have a account already. Then you should be fine for 650 overdraft straight of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jmscnnr86

thank you very much very helpfull!! I will call in2 them 2mro and make my account i only need about 200 or maybe 300 so hopefully it goes well.

Advertisement