Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.homevision.ie - any experience?

• 18-10-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

HI,

Looking at getting BB for my folks so 1mb should be enough. Came across this company on call costs but their monthly charge for 1mb line is eur5.67 / month, which is very cheap.

I was thinking of getting them u.tv which comes to 13.99 month as i know people using this service and it's good and cheap but wondering if anyone has come across homevision or has used them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

According to this, it's €19.99 a month for 1Mbps, excl line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

jor el wrote: »
    According to this, it's €19.99 a month for 1Mbps, excl line rental.

yep, but that's for "off - net", if you're on-net (check by putting in your tel no ) it's 5.67, only available in Dublin.

you can see it on www.callcosts.ie , or follow the On net icon on their website.

Never heard of them, seems very cheap so wondering if anyone has any exp.

On-net, 3mb is 7.63/mth ; 7mb is 12.24/mth ; 10mb is 19.99 and 20mb is 29.99/mth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I'm with them, because I don't have any other choice.

It is ok, but not perfect. At the beginning I felt like the connection was dropping every half an hour for 2-3seconds. And I know it wasn't my pc or router.

Few people have a tv from them in my block and they are really pissed off with them. I think I know why, it is IPTV (tv over IP) so when I had those breaks I could live with them but imagine watching a footie game with these kind of breaks.

It improved a lot recently, people in sales/service/accounting (they are the same people) are ok, helpful and nice.

But the bottom line is if I could choose someone else I would go with smart or upc.

Advertisement