Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

reps inspection

• 18-10-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

Has anyone here had a reps inspection. If so what was looked at and how did you fare?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Well lad im a reps planner and important things are
    Slurry storage
    Effluent directed properly
    Watercourses fenced off
    Options done
    Lime spread as required
    Scrap lifted
    Roofs painted/gutters in place
    I could go on but there fairly important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

any news on scheme replacing reps Dan?

Bits and pieces of news lad but im not overly hopefull, it seems it will be something like the countryside management scheme up north, basically you get paid by what you do with a ceiling on the max payment which may be as low as 2000euro i really cant say much more as were kept in the dark as much as everyone else :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

DanFindy wrote: »
    Well lad im a reps planner and important things are
    Slurry storage
    Effluent directed properly
    Watercourses fenced off
    Options done
    Lime spread as required
    Scrap lifted
    Roofs painted/gutters in place
    I could go on but there fairly important

Do you peek into all barrels around the yard, to see if there are any canibal rats about the place :cool:
    Whan you find such rats, do you fine the farmer :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hey Dan is there any way of holding on to the scrap as a rescource pile? I think it was thomas eddison who said 'all you need to be an inventor is a vivid imagination and lots of junk'. If it was in a tidy pile or sorted would you be allowed keep it?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

when will the next REPS payments be out??

blue5000 wrote: »
    Hey Dan is there any way of holding on to the scrap as a rescource pile? I think it was thomas eddison who said 'all you need to be an inventor is a vivid imagination and lots of junk'. If it was in a tidy pile or sorted would you be allowed keep it?

In my opinion it is fine as long as its in a neat pile and no real 'scrap/****e' is involved ya know !

adne wrote: »
    when will the next REPS payments be out??

Reps 3 or 4 ? whens the anniversary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Reps 3 or 4 ? whens the anniversary?

REPS 4, joined it in may

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Bits and pieces of news lad but im not overly hopefull, it seems it will be something like the countryside management scheme up north, basically you get paid by what you do with a ceiling on the max payment which may be as low as 2000euro i really cant say much more as were kept in the dark as much as everyone else :(
    It wouldn't be worth the hassle at that price.

• Advertisement

adne wrote: »
    REPS 4, joined it in may

Supposed to be paid out in October November, i cant see it being paid out till after Xmas goin on what ive heard..

Sam Kade wrote: »
    It wouldn't be worth the hassle at that price.

Prob not Sam :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Supposed to be paid out in October November, i cant see it being paid out till after Xmas goin on what ive heard..

Can you elaborate a bit on that Dan? My planner rang after the DAS and SFP payments were issued looking for his money. I'm reluctant to pay up until I'm sure the plan has been accepted, i.e. that there are no issues with his work which could end up costing me.

Can you elaborate a bit on that Dan? My planner rang after the DAS and SFP payments were issued looking for his money. I'm reluctant to pay up until I'm sure the plan has been accepted, i.e. that there are no issues with his work which could end up costing me.

Lad the best thing i can say to you is that nobody is perfect, i have an awfull lot of plans sent in since winter 2008 and hand on heart its very hard to say they are 100% correct but i make every effort to make sure they are correct. The department are looking in finer detail now at plans and a small error may be found but if u have a good working relationnship(as a planner i mean) with your local Aes men it can normally be sorted out unless its a big error. Ya know your planner drew up your plan that took up a lot of his time and resources so he is entitled to be paid for work done, he has done his bit, the department have to do the rest by paying it out. You cant go into a shop and buy meat and pay for it if u think its good enough ya know !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Tis you and your "anti-meat-buying-kind" have the country ruined Dan!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Lad the best thing i can say to you is that nobody is perfect, i have an awfull lot of plans sent in since winter 2008 and hand on heart its very hard to say they are 100% correct but i make every effort to make sure they are correct. The department are looking in finer detail now at plans and a small error may be found but if u have a good working relationnship(as a planner i mean) with your local Aes men it can normally be sorted out unless its a big error. Ya know your planner drew up your plan that took up a lot of his time and resources so he is entitled to be paid for work done, he has done his bit, the department have to do the rest by paying it out. You cant go into a shop and buy meat and pay for it if u think its good enough ya know !!

so the planner gets paid up front and the farmer waits? "LAD" i have news for you this is a thing of the past "lad". The planner gets paid when the farmer gets paid, that is the way my man works & I bet he will survive but things tighten in the next couple of years. Have seen a good few planners gone by the wayside in the last few years & good riddance to them, screwing people for poor service & sh1t advise

I take your point Dan, but you passed over my question ;) . Can you share something about what you heard which would delay payments until after Christmas?

Tis you and your "anti-meat-buying-kind" have the country ruined Dan!

:D:D:D

Usefull input there :rolleyes:

I take your point Dan, but you passed over my question ;) . Can you share something about what you heard which would delay payments until after Christmas?

Sorry lad kinda went off on one didnt i, not meaning to direct the finger at u either as i can completely understand your side of it too;)
    Back to the question, I was at the national reps conference yesterday in Ballinasloe and the feeling seems to be that 70% of new applicants will be paid this year and the rest after xmas. This is solely down to budgetary constraints. Thats as much as i can tell u for now!!!!!

snowman707 wrote: »
    so the planner gets paid up front and the farmer waits? "LAD" i have news for you this is a thing of the past "lad". The planner gets paid when the farmer gets paid, that is the way my man works & I bet he will survive but things tighten in the next couple of years. Have seen a good few planners gone by the wayside in the last few years & good riddance to them, screwing people for poor service & sh1t advise

"Lad" Dont take pot shots about the way i speak thats incredibly childish

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Calm down folks.
    Dan is replying out of the goodness of his heart- he doesn't have to be on this forum- if hes made feel unwelcome, he won't come back- and what could be a good potential source of information will be lost.

In general- in all the fora I moderate on this site- my one rule is- if you disagree with someone, refute what they post, without attacking them. If folk are incapable of following this rather simple mantra- they will have a little holiday from posting in here.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

Thank you

Sorry lad kinda went off on one didnt i, not meaning to direct the finger at u either as i can completely understand your side of it too;)
    Back to the question, I was at the national reps conference yesterday in Ballinasloe and the feeling seems to be that 70% of new applicants will be paid this year and the rest after xmas. This is solely down to budgetary constraints. Thats as much as i can tell u for now!!!!!

Thanks Dan. According to the journal today, they're paying out 75% to the 2009 applicants early in December, with the remainder in 2010. If your plan is rejected, you're kicked out and won't get anything. Nervous times!

Thanks Dan. According to the journal today, they're paying out 75% to the 2009 applicants early in December, with the remainder in 2010. If your plan is rejected, you're kicked out and won't get anything. Nervous times!

Who are ya tellin lad, there payin out 75% to 70% of total applicants far as i know they dont have the cash t even pay 75% to em all:(

Advertisement