Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant even watch a 4 min u tube without buffering- should I go back to eircom?

• 18-10-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭

I have been with BT for about 2 years with the up to 7.6 package and lately it seems to get worse and worse as the day wears on. At the moment it is saying 1.54mb and this moring it was 3.52. This has been happening for a while but I dont know if it is coincidence with the transfer to Vodafone.

I cant ring eircom as they are not interetsed as they no longer own line, I have full package from BT. I am thinking of moving back to eircom and at least I could hassle them to check line, fix better socket etc.

Would I get a better and more consistent speed if I went back to Eircom?

Has anyone moved back and seen a difference? I am only 2 miles from exchange but line figues are very high. I have done all the other checks.

I am in clare.

gb--

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

do you have a neighbour that is on eircom, you are asking of people who are in different areas,

if you find a neighbour with 3 or 7mb then ask them to test their speed a few nights and check the results..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nobody recently built a large lump of an oul motorway on top of your line GB , did they ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

they did.##

gb--

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    they did.##

Ah , thought so :D !!!! Bit hard to hide , an oul motorway .

A Visit to the eircom engineers in the Ennis HQ is in order I think. Your neighbours should also have 'issues' . I reckon the motorway construction people paid subbies to reroute the lines and did not do a very good job. It is also possible that they rerouted the lines along way which is a considerable difficulty .

The eircom engineers in HQ would know where to find them and send them back to finish the job .

Advertisement