Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rick o shea and tony fenton

• 18-10-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

The two worst Dj's in the country,they have to be,and to make it worse they are on at the same time,i cant stand to listen to them.How do they still have a job,bring back larry gogan.Anyone agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Alz®

Wouldnt agree there no!!

2fm have quite good Dj's, always abit of banter out of them..

Today fm are up there but not as good, Ray D'Arcy/Ray Foley are top notch..

Matt Cooper drives me round the bend mind you...

Michael McMullen well his catchphrase "Im Michael McMullen" does have me pmsl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭kryptyk500

Don't forget Gareth O'Callaghan - I thought he retired/fell off the edge of the world years ago...but he's back on 4 Fm. The real Alan Partridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭jonny oxford

Both can cause me to do some serious cringing but they do offer the odd Partridge-esque funny moment.

I remember listening to 2fm a while ago "Beat it" was on when it finished Fenton came on in his trade mark US west coast accent and simply said

"Wacko there with.. ...one of his songs"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭doughef

Recently heard Tony Fenton do a spoken word version of Lizzys "dont believe a word".. it was so nauseating I havent been able to think straight since.. i wanted to throw my radio into a volcano.. it was the worst thing i ever heard,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭jonny oxford

doughef wrote: »
    Recently heard Tony Fenton do a spoken word version of Lizzys "dont believe a word".. it was so nauseating I havent been able to think straight since.. i wanted to throw my radio into a volcano.. it was the worst thing i ever heard,,

Oh Christ! Glad I didn't hear that travesty. Sorry for your troubles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

rick o shea is my least favourite broadcaster in the history of radio

i love phoney fenton though on my radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Daragh184

Rick o'shea i can agree with hes terrible, but tony fenton is a great DJ. He plays a great variety of music like 70s 80s 90s and current day music. He also gives up and coming bands a chance to make a name for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Daragh184 wrote: »
    but tony fenton is a great DJ. He plays a great variety of music like 70s 80s 90s and current day music. He also gives up and coming bands a chance to make a name for themselves.

Are you serious?

He gets someone in to do a session, then we have to listen to the same session, with the same intro a la Fenton ad infinitum until the next one.
    I'm thinking the Lily Allen session back in February or March.

"this young lady popped in for a chat a while back and here's how she sounded with 'The Fear' "

For the love of mike, if you're stuck for guests and need to play the same crap over and over at least alter the lead in!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

One thing you have to admire about Tony Fenton.......he's still getting away with it! Lucky Bugger!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Are Rick o Shea and Tony Fenton not the same person? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭subtle_as

i actually really like rick o'shea. He has good music and sounds quite genuine and a bit of a laugh. I think he is being restricted in his banter and talk tho, which i don't like. Compared to the shows he did a few years back at night, he talks less! keep up the good work i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Yeah they are tryin to keep Rick o Shea and that Nikki hayes from talkin to much. That's exactly what I tune in for! (Rick Not HER!!)

2FM Haven't a clue what they're doin.

As for Fenton, I've nothin against him, I'd just prefer never ever to listen to him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

Is there a day that goes by where Rick O'Shea doesnt play 'Black and Gold' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Tony Fenton is useless. He is constantly playing the same music day in day out

Thin Lizzy
    U2
    Snow Patrol
    The Waterboys.............

I don't listen to him that often but every time I have I have heard Phil Lynott's Sarah or some U2 song. Will he change the bloody record.

That Pamela doll is quite annoying as well. Too young for Fenton. Tony is a bit a of a perv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 will21

dont forget about van morrison

Yes. That would be right.

Oh and...

"What about the greatest music video ever Pamela. It is of course Thriller and here's what it sounds like. Enjoy"

"What's on the telly tonight Pamela"

Tony 'Bullsh/t in his mouth' Fenton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Can't stand Tony Fenton, the guy just talks too much and i don't know where he gets that accent from but it gives me a headache. The guy is in love with Coldplay and Thin Lizzy. Not a day goes by but he doesn't play them.

After Ray and JP finish up, i switch over to 4fm. No annoying 'mid atlantic' drawls on that station...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I wish Tony Fenton would go to 4FM or a Dublin only channel. That way I wouldnt have to hear his smug voice more any period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

God yeah that Pamela and Tony Fenton combo is very hard to listen to.
    She just laughs at ANYTHING Tony says.

Though Rick O'Shea plays the worst music.

"Pamela you are lookng very shexy today"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

cashback wrote: »

Though Rick O'Shea plays the worst music.

Rick o'Shea doesn't decide the music thats played, that would be up to the producer(s)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

Is Tone ee still playing The Wanadies - You and Me song ?

His style is cringeworthy I agree but Fentoni must be pulling in the listeners though as I'm sure Willie O Reilly doesnt pay people needlessly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

"Pamela you are lookng very shexy today"

She's no prize pig is she?

http://twitter.com/cheekypamela

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Tony Fenton is a legend! Rick O'Shea is not.

Advertisement