Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 6 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

FFS raiders do not bottle this one!

And as I say that they nearly turn it over 3 times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

long FG by Akers, 13-9 now, after a big hit by Cris Johnson. Raiders secondary holding up without Asomugha, the NFL's best CB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

****ing get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Sanchez has thrown 4 picks so far but the Jets running game has been good.13 all and I could easily see the Bills winning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Man, I'm not a Pats fan, but they shoulda left Brady on to see what kind of records he could have set.

And how can the titans be so p!ss poor to allow 5 TD's in 15 mins? That takes a rare combo of extreme defensive sh!tness, but absolute dire, end of world offensive sh!tness. I mean it's well and good the Pats scoring when they get the ball, but that the titans can't even keep it long enough to stop a TD per 3 mins, is mind-boggling.

But as a Colts/Manning devotee, I must tip my hat to the Pats tonight.
    Well played Mr. Brady

• Advertisement

wooo **** yeah! 13-9 win for my RAIDERS!!! over 300 yards offense for the first time since week 1 and a perfect way to bounce back after last week's abomination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Get in! :D

Kerry Collins has -7 passing yards.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

:rolleyes: I take it you just dont like the Vikings or Favre. How can you say they got lucky? They were leading the game for most of it by 3 scores. Then Favre finishes them off. Nothing lucky about that pass.

Well I'm an eagles fan and was responding to russells TD pass.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    wooo **** yeah! 13-9 win for my RAIDERS!!! over 300 yards offense for the first time since week 1 and a perfect way to bounce back after last week's abomination

Looks like I made the right choice going to the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Well I'm an eagles fan and was responding to russells TD pass.

I apologise good sir! I was all fired up haha :D:D:D

davyjose wrote: »
    Kerry Collins has -7 passing yards.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....
    yeah i noticed that on the nfl website during breaks in the raiders game. Shocking performance - i see he's been benched for young. That could be the end of his season now, maybe career indirectly too!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    yeah i noticed that on the nfl website during breaks in the raiders game. Shocking performance - i see he's been benched for young. That could be the end of his season now, maybe career indirectly too!

Well Young was 0/2 0yds and 0 TD 1int and 1 fumble

I think collins's job is safe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They'll both blame the snow as Tom Brady sniggers in the corner.

Surely a Sage Rosenfels or the like can fill a hole somewhere?

Colt McCoy could be heading to Nashville next year

I apologise good sir! I was all fired up haha :D:D:D

The pats weren't in a giving mood today it seems. The eagles message board isn't a happy place right now.

eagle eye wrote: »
    They'll both blame the snow as Tom Brady sniggers in the corner.

It's good to see you're as generous in victory as you were in defeat ;)

OT in the jets bills game. That FG never had a hope of curving back in.

Lindell cakes it, that kick would have completed an awesome week. The Jets get the ball first in ot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I reckon Jeff Fisher is done with the Titans after that.

• Advertisement

Here donovan you can't call a timeout if you haven't getting any ****ing left.

Why would the Jets Fake a Field Goal in OT just attempt it you morons. 50 yards or not if it scrapes over you win the game.

So how many Jets fans would say no to Brett Favre now???

Yes, yes, yes. What a week, after last weeks heartbreaking loss we see the Jets fall twice to divisional rival and we have the lead in our division. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

ok so I thought it'd be a long time before I saw a QB performance worse then DA's last week (despite the win) but just 7 days later Kerry Collins tops it. 2/12 for -7 yards & a INT......minus 7 pass yards!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy f**k

UhOh wrote: »
    ok so I thought it'd be a long time before I saw a QB performance worse then DA's last week (despite the win) but just 7 days later Kerry Collins tops it. 2/12 for -7 yards & a INT......minus 7 pass yards!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy f**k

Dont forget Vince Young 0/2 0/0 1int 1 fumble The only two times he drops back to throw he throws an interception and then fumbles. Pathetic all round for the Titans at QB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Wow, I had to go out right after the Rams kicked the field goal to tie the game.

We lost. Again. Ram Slam, 16 games in a row without a win.

It's really annoying that the Chiefs and the Raiders and Bucs can all somehow win games, and we can't pull it out.

Rest of the season: Colts, @Lions, BYE, Saints, Cardinals, Seahawks, @Bears, @Titans, Texans, @Cardinals, 49ers.

Now, there could be wins to be had in Detroit or in a Titans team that might have stopped trying... but we might have stopped trying by then too. Seahawks or Cardinals at home? 49ers on the last day, depending on injuries and stuff?

Prediction: 2-12

We just need to keep Bulger in there (not Boller), and keep the likes of Avery, Burton, Long and Laurinaitis getting snaps. There's always next year... and it might be with a shiny new Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy under center...

It wouldn't surprise me if you beat the Saints and the Bears, remember last year you beat Washington and Dallas who were both running hot at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Matt Ryan looking a lot like Matt Hasselbeck here... can't get a drive going at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Saints, at this rate, I doubt it. Because they will score points on us, and we won't be able to catch it. Bears is possible, I suppose.

Just noticed that the Titans had -7 passing yards, the first team in NFL history to have less than 0. That's pretty impressive. JaMarcus Russell Award for the week goes to Kerry Collins, I think.

Advertisement