Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 6 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

eagle eye wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if you beat the Saints
    I have to say, it would surprise me. The Saints are probably the best team in Football right now*

*i fully expect a barrage of NE fans disagreeing, but sorry, they might well prove to be, but noit after 1 night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Cutler plays so well then has brainfarts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

davyjose wrote: »
    I have to say, it would surprise me. The Saints are probably the best team in Football right now*

*i fully expect a barrage of NE fans disagreeing, but sorry, they might well prove to be, but noit after 1 night

Right now I wouldn't disagree based on this year and last year. All they need now is a Bowl to cement their performance this year. They have a complete package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

davyjose wrote: »

The fact that they had seven touchdowns to seven different players last night was very impressive.

As for the Titans I don't think it helps that their Defense is pretty banged up. Their secondary is barely hanging on, with both Finnegan and Harper out; not to mention Griffin is playing hurt. It's a matter of injuries and certain positions needing a good looking at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I wouldn't say that they are the undoubted no.1 team just yet. The Colts have made an amazing start too and Vikings are 6-0. I would rank them at the top at the present time but those other two teams have done nothing wrong either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

I just checked NFL.com and they give the team leaders for passing, rushing, and receiving. Vince young was the leader for the titans in passing with zero yards. That's bad.

And at 4pm irish time, andy reid will try to explain why we lost yesterday. And I see jim Zorn will no longer be calling the offfensive plays in DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

With one game left in week 6, Bucking Broncos @ the Charging Bolts, will lightning strike again and crush the Broncos ?! Its a hard game to call ! The Chargers have had no running game so far, will it ignite tonite ? will Rivers and his arsenal of offensive talent sweep aside the big D ? Or will the D crush the Chargers, and the Bronco offence just get the job done ?

I'm thinkinng the bye week might leave the Chargers a little ring-rusty, there might be some handling errors, missed tackles etc, wheras the Broncos are on a high after last week (and the last 5) and are heading into a bye week, and therefore know that they can give 120% (& maybe even kill off the Division!!) and have that rest week to recover !
    PP have the Broncos at 8/5 and the Chargers are favs at 10/19, so.......have the bookies got it right ? (or is there a little value to be had??)
    I'm looking foreward to it anyways.............

I think the Broncos will hammer them.... They've really won me over, after the Pats game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Evolution136

This is an absolute must win for the chargers, if Bronco's go 6-0, chargers can kiss their playoff aspirations goodbye.

I think the Broncos will hammer them
    Well, they mightn't hammer them, I say that because they haven't hammered anyone yet, even so called bad/weak teams, but are well capable of putting it up the the Chargers on their home turf !
    This is an absolute must win for the chargers
    This is a key point, even Rivers has admitted it, are they heaping too much pressure on themselves ? (as a Bronco, hopefully yes :p)

• Advertisement

Well, they mightn't hammer them, I say that because they haven't hammered anyone yet, even so called bad/weak teams, but are well capable of putting it up the the Chargers on their home turf !

This is a key point, even Rivers has admitted it, are they heaping too much pressure on themselves ? (as a Bronco, hopefully yes :p)

They certainly are heaping on the pressure but the game may not rest in Rivers hands. They must defend better, their secondary has looked average at best this term. Should be a cracker nonetheless; Chargers would be my call but not by much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

They certainly are heaping on the pressure but the game may not rest in Rivers hands. They must defend better, their secondary has looked average at best this term. Should be a cracker nonetheless; Chargers would be my call but not by much!!!

Hi Evolution, do you know where i could watch the match online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

Chargers need to do much better against the run. Losing Jammal Williams for the year was one of the worst things that could happen to them. Chargers have a great home record in recent times though, and id expect them to be fresh coming off a bye. Its a huge game for them and hopefully they don't get off to as crap a start as they did against the steelers.

It pains me to say it, but LT has lost a step. I watched an nfl classic game from 2002 between chargers and broncos on gamepass, and some of the runs he made that day were incredible. He was running away from the DBs on a couple of big runs, which is something he has found hard to do over the last year. Id love to see him prove me wrong starting tonight

Hi Evolution, do you know where i could watch the match online?

atdhe.net; thats usually the best place to start, otherwise it may be on sopcast. it'll be on justin.tv aswell but some of the streams ain't the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

; thats usually the best place to start, otherwise it may be on sopcast. it'll be on jim.tv aswell but some of the streams ain't the best.

Dude edit your post to remove the website name. The Brodcasting companies are forever searching for them and will have that site shut down :D

Besides its illegal and wrong mmmmmK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

is it on FOX or CBS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

The Munky wrote: »
    is it on FOX or CBS?

It's on ESPN . All MNF games are.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Sea Devils wrote: »
    It's on ESPN . All MNF games are.

should i say ooops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Big loss for the Jets they lost nose tackle Kris Jenkins for the season with a knee injury. its going from bad to worse for them at the moment

Dude edit your post to remove the website name. The Brodcasting companies are forever searching for them and will have that site shut down :D

Besides its illegal and wrong mmmmmK :D

Tallaght, you better edit your quote too :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rivers has been hella impressive so far

Chargers up 10-7

Rivers 9/12 for 136 and a td

game changing moment possbly just before half time, bronco's seemed to be getting to grips with the offence f the chargers and had limited them to a field goal in the 2nd quarter and managed to put 10 on the board themselves when they find themselves in a 3rd down situation with about a minute and a half to go till half time, around their own 30, leading by a scoreline of 17-13, and the play call is a pass, questionable to say the least imo

this is incomplete and the clock stops as they prepare to punt it away.

the punt goes to Sproules who finds a path to the end zone for a TD

Poor play calling imo by the Bronco's, and poor execution, this could have been the pivotal moment in the game

At half time its 20-17 Chargers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

Orton got way too much time to throw in the first half. LT looked more lively than at any point this season, and rivers has been close to perfect. If chargers can get more pressure on Orton i can see them running away with it. Obviously they can't let Royal in for another 2 tds on returns.

A royal victory ! :D
    I think another great 2nd half performance sealed this one....

/I'm starting to believe in this team ;)

Noteworthy: The Broncos have not given up a point in the fourth quarter this season. ... !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I watched the game last night and I have to say the Broncos' D looked terrific.

I'm taking nothing away from them with this question. How has Norv Turner still got a job? I mean the guy is hopeless, look at the two teams last night both on offense and defense and there is no doubt who has the squad with better potential. The offense is not doing its job for the Chargers, they don't open up many holes for LT and Sproles. The line was not holding its ground last night. I mean that offense only scored one touchdown last night. The defense let the Broncos walk through them.

And how do you decide to go for it on 4th and 9 on their 38 with the game in the balance?

This isn't a one week thing, they are making horrendous errors every other week and you see these nutty playcalls like that 4th and 9 every now and then too. If Turner is still there at the end of this week, then maybe you have to start looking at the owner and gm.

eagle eye wrote: »
    How has Norv Turner still got a job?

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Hey, anyone following the story of the Pats cuts? Galloway and Tully-Cain and two others cut in the past couple of days.

Freeing up cap space. Ominous.

In fact, freeing up a Shawne Merriman-sized chunk of cap space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Karlusss wrote: »
    Hey, anyone following the story of the Pats cuts? Galloway and Tully-Cain and two others cut in the past couple of days.

Freeing up cap space. Ominous.

In fact, freeing up a Shawne Merriman-sized chunk of cap space.

Adding the release of Alexander and McMatthews who have also been told they are coming back...rumours its Merriman or Steven Jackson or Deion Branch...Adulius Thomas as part of a trade...something big is going to happen...in the next 3 1/2 hours...

Losing Tully-Cain would be a big loss...but i hope he is coming back.

Tully Banta-Cain has resigned...wtf is going on?

• Advertisement

http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/patriots/blog?post=4580051&name=patriots

Mike Reiss' explaniation of why the Pats had to released TBC instead of just offering the extension.

Once again Bill, you have left me underwhelmed! but i do expect us to get a 3rd WR by the 4pm EST deadline and to have Alexander and Michaels back...even Galloway if we dont get a 3rd WR

Advertisement