Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

if..

• 18-10-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

if Jewish industrialists hadn't finaced Hitler would he still have gotten into power?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Fuinseog wrote: »
    if Jewish industrialists hadn't finaced Hitler would he still have gotten into power?

Hmmm ?? I have heard Norman Finkelstein claim that German Zionists made a deal with Hitler, over something to do with the Haavara Agreement, but don't know enough about what you're asking to really formulate an opinion tbh.

interested in the replies tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

marcsignal wrote: »
    Hmmm ?? I have heard Norman Finkelstein claim that German Zionists made a deal with Hitler, over something to do with the Haavara Agreement, but don't know enough about what you're asking to really formulate an opinion tbh.

interested in the replies tho...

industrialist (several of them jewish, the architects of their own doom) helped hitler into power because they wanted economic stability. i have to do a bit more digging to find a few names.

found a book that might interest you fuinseog

http://books.google.com/books?id=1bRGPgAACAAJ&dq=who+financed+hitler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

marcsignal wrote: »
    found a book that might interest you fuinseog

http://books.google.com/books?id=1bRGPgAACAAJ&dq=who+financed+hitler

I don't know the book, but the review on the page you link to would certainly put me off:

This brother and sister team of graduate students has produced a book that hits bottom in historical scholarship. Starting with an important subject, they have committed every conceivable crime against it (including sometimes ignoring it altogether) with an air of unshakeable obtuseness . . . Finally, their lack of ideas is underlined by their tedious, clumsy writing. For all its five hundred pages this is a lazy book, aimed more at exploiting a market than at discovering historical truth.

Fuinseog, you seem to have started from the assumption that Jewish industrialists did finance Hitler. Did they? Who were they?

Anyway, there were plenty of others, such as Krupp or Thyssen, who provided major financial backing, so the answer to your question is yes, Hitler would almost certainly still have gotten into power without the backing of your unnamed Jewish industrialists (if in fact they existed at all).

gizmo555 wrote: »
    I don't know the book, but the review on the page you link to would certainly put me off:

This brother and sister team of graduate students has produced a book that hits bottom in historical scholarship. Starting with an important subject, they have committed every conceivable crime against it (including sometimes ignoring it altogether) with an air of unshakeable obtuseness . . . Finally, their lack of ideas is underlined by their tedious, clumsy writing. For all its five hundred pages this is a lazy book, aimed more at exploiting a market than at discovering historical truth.

True, not to mention the publisher 'Simon & Schuster'

On reflection, the book has the makings of a case for further WJC and ADL extortion of the Swiss Banks.

I only noticed both after posting

• Advertisement
Advertisement