Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was there a march on Sat 17th against community funding cuts

Options
  • 18-10-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Did this march go ahead on Saturday? I can't find any info about it and was out of the city. Do you know? Did you go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

ya they gratified eyre square with chalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

great wrote: »
    ya they gratified eyre square with chalk

Why was Eyre square so pleased with the chalk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

Yes, it did go ahead on Saturday, ended up stumbling onto it getting off the bus.

There were representatives from different community groups such as Mervue and Ballybane and other areas (I was at the back so didn't see everyone), and other voluntary organisations and community groups.

There were a good few speakers from different groups including someone from SIPTU and petitions circulating against the proposed cuts.

It seemed to be a good turnout. I saw a fair few people with cameras taking pics and someone recording a video so may be on youtube. I imagine if you pop to one of the participating groups they can give a run down of what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SMCG

Thanks for letting me know - I couldn't find out about it anywhere. Glad it went ahead would have liked to have been there.

Advertisement