Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to deposit back?

Options
  • 18-10-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Am I entitled to deposit back?

Hi, basically got a part time job so got a house in another county. I paid a deposit of 300 plus my first weeks rent. I signed a contract. 3 days later I get a job much closer to home so I accepted it and I'm gonna move again.

Just wondering if I'm entitled to any of my deposit back (Iknow its a longshot). Another thing I'd like to add is that the landlord never told me that 1 person in the house is currently refusing to leave despite an eviction notice and there is trouble in the house over this. Could I use this as an excuse?;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Kaji check out threshold on this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=205571406

I think you could be in luck, but read this to be sure. As far as I recall you can give a month's notice and offer to re-assign the lease to someone else. If your landlord refuses that optio,n you have the right to leave (subject to 28 days notice) and therefore get your deposit back.

So you will be down on rent money but entitled to deposit back, is my understanding.

Advertisement