Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl's soccer team

Options
  • 18-10-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I have a friend :rolleyes:. And her 5 years old daughter wants to try soccer. She is in Soccer acadamy in Cabinteely. But it's only boys there. And i'm just wandering: is there some really GIRL'S Team in South of Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

kids play on mixed teams up to the age of 11/12/13.... check out the www.sdflsoccer.com

should help.

EDIT: Found this:
    SDFL Introduction

The South Dublin Football League, based in its' own soccer complex in Ballyowen, Lucan Co. Dublin, was established in 1972. The primary role of the League is to promote the sport of soccer through the provision of football fixtures and competitions. Competitive football matches are run from the age of seven up to and including eighteen year olds. The SDFL accepts soccer clubs from south of the river Liffey in Dublin and surrounding areas. Since 2006 all footballers, boys and girls, are eligible to play for SDFL clubs once they have registered with the League. Under current legislation girls may not play on the boys soccer teams after their 13th year. The soccer season begins the on the first weekend in September and continues to the end of May of the following year. The playing season is usually suspended for periods around the Christmas and Easter school holidays. Eligibility to play for a team is based upon age. For example, to play for the under 10s team in the 2008 / 2009 season a player must have been born on or after 1st Jan 1998.

2nd EDIT: Quick google reveals that Knocklyon have a girls team but probably teenagers .... there are ladies teams (girls in teens and upwards - right up to senior level)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Gelena wrote: »
    I have a friend :rolleyes:. And her 5 years old daughter wants to try soccer. She is in Soccer acadamy in Cabentyly. But it's only boys there. And i'm just wandering: is there some really GIRL'S Team in South of Dublin?

You could try Joey's in Sallynoggin. Only up the road from Cabinteely, here's a link for you: joeys

Septembers Futsal has already started but there is a new term starting in January. See here. My eldest did this last year (4 year old boy) and had a blast. He is looking forward to doing it again.

Advertisement