Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John & Edward Fan Club

• 18-10-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

I'm John... I'm Edward... Together, we're John & Edward...

You either love them or hate them, but we don't want to hear from any haters here...
    Support the lads by using this thread to discuss the twins...
    Did you always support the lads? Or did they grow on you gradually?
    Who's your favourite, John or Edward?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

I seen them for the first time last night..i watched them at home alone and i sat there embarrassed...
    f*cking cringe at those two....there is very few as irritating as those two..sorry for going against the theme of your thread but they should be under surveillance in my opinion, certain demographics arnt safe with those two...
    cringe..

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

You either love them or hate themQUOTE]

Love them. Hated them at the start so they definitely grew on me!how can you have a favourite they are the same person?!

I wanted them to be in the bottom two this week just so i could see them perform another song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Louis was right all along!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

You either love them or hate them, but we don't want to hear from any haters here...
    Support the lads by using this thread to discuss the twins...
    Did you always support the lads? Or did they grow on you gradually?
    Who's your favourite, John or Edward?
    I loved the audition it was actually hilarious(sp)
    Cheryl: Where do you see yourelf in 15yrs time? Response: I see myself being older... Lmao I love 'em!
    I only started supporting them bootcamp coz of all the stick they're getting and I think they're really funny.

Oh and Edward is my favourite :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

there just great i am definatly a fan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

Hated them at the start. I felt something for them last week and this week singing oops I did it agian made me realise Louis is correct. They are the best personality on the show and I even think Simon is warming to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cutevelvet

I love John and Edward, cant wait to see what they do every week. Think Cheryl Cole's comments on Saturday were slanderous - how dare she? If her song goes to No. 1 will see not feel guilty having better singers behind her in the Chart. Seriously Cheryl, you are only there for your looks, not your brain or your singing for that matter....so would put you in the same category as John and Edward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Cutevelvet wrote: »
    I love John and Edward, cant wait to see what they do every week. Think Cheryl Cole's comments on Saturday were slanderous - how dare she? If her song goes to No. 1 will see not feel guilty having better singers behind her in the Chart. Seriously Cheryl, you are only there for your looks, not your brain or your singing for that matter....so would put you in the same category as John and Edward.

Its a singing competition and those two really can't sing. Granted, they're entertaining and fun to laugh at but thats about it. I think they'd be better suited to doing theatrical stuff.

Rikki or Ricky, or whatever way it was spelt wasn't good enough, but even i felt sorry for him knowing those two are still in this "singing competition".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

John and Edward to win!

Tbh the X factor isn't a singing competition (especially not this year) It's very rare a talent like Leona Lewis is found, and there certainly are no stand out acts this year. Nobody special is losing out to J&E.

John and Edward are a bit of fun and nothing more. Fair play to them I say.

They're obviously actually nice guys as well or the judges would be slatinn them constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I despised the lads at the start but last week they began to grow on me. Still had to cringe when i saw what they were wearing on Saturday night though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I disliked them intensely at the start but find them hilarious now! The fact that they can't sing actually makes me laugh more. They are so bouncy and jumpy. I was laughing for ages at the end of "Oops I did it again" when the exchanged the necklace....."But John I thought the old lady dropped it in the ocean at the end..."......."Well Edward I went down and got it for you!"

Priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Like others I didn't like them at first and was annoyed to see them go through to the top 12. But I have to say they're grown on me now and I find them the most entertaining of the lot. I don't think any act is outstanding enough to have a big music career. J&E can't sing but they do make me laugh and I look forward to their act next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

If it's a choice of John and Edward and Ricky well then the twins win everytime. They entertain and after all it's an entertainment show. If one of the hot favourites went home instead of them then I would be annoyed but no hopers are fine. They do make me laugh. I must quit that group on facebook that are against them! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

How do you tell them apart :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Edward is a huge idiot compared to John who is just your average muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

Yep, like most other people here I really didn't like them at the start but eventually they have grown on me and I look forward to their performance on the live shows.
    And how much of a hypocrite is Cheryl...she said first that she hoped that J&E stayed in the competition even if was only to annoy Simon and then at the end of the show how could J&E still be here when Ricky was voted out.
    Also, last week she critised Kandy Rains outfits and then comes out wearing practically the same thing :mad:

Sorry bout the rant but I feel better now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

HATED them until the live shows and now i love them!!!! it took the live shows to make me realise they are only kids, 17 (now 18) years old, louis put them through and they are just having a laugh, which is brilliant

Saturdays britney spears was excellent!!! havent laughed that much at the tv in a long time! they just dont take themselves too seriously! Cant wait till next wk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭event

Its a singing competition and those two really can't sing. Granted, they're entertaining and fun to laugh at but thats about it. I think they'd be better suited to doing theatrical stuff.

Rikki or Ricky, or whatever way it was spelt wasn't good enough, but even i felt sorry for him knowing those two are still in this "singing competition".

since when?

its a popularity contest, plain and simple.

Sizzler- You can actually tell them apart.
    They have different voices and Edwards head is more heart shaded, with not as big a forehead. John also has kinda spiky ears...
    I will admit how sad it is I know this!!

I have to ask why do people only like thm now?? Is it coz people are laughing at them now? I'll admit I didn't like them at auditions but at bootcamp I liked how they were cheeky idiots but were themselves.
    Don't think they're 100% bad singers either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

they're the next ant and dec... seriously they should go into kid tv presenting.. they would be great:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Much like a few others. I hated them at the start but seeing them get through this week made me cheer about as loud as when Ireland scored against Italy last week. Worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Piriz wrote: »
    I seen them for the first time last night..i watched them at home alone and i sat there embarrassed...
    f*cking cringe at those two....there is very few as irritating as those two..sorry for going against the theme of your thread but they should be under surveillance in my opinion, certain demographics arnt safe with those two...
    cringe..
    we don't want to hear from any haters here...
    :mad:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

John...........................

I LOVE YOOOUUUUUU!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Fair play to these lads. They've taken so much crap off the media and every other hater around. They haven't said one bad word about anyone and technically they aren't doing anything wrong. I wish i had half their balls. Ill admit, i did dislike them strongly at the beginning because i thought they were highly irritating.
    I hope they win this just to get one over on all the f**king idiots who write s**t about them. Jealousy is a mudda****a.

Again, fair play lads - Im now a fan...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I think John and Edward were a strategic inclusion in the final 12. Simon as much as Louis would have wanted them in to get people talking. No other act has provoked so much interest in the show so far this series. I literally can't wait to see them on Saturday. I couldn't tolerate them at first but they are really playing up to the cameras now and fairplay to them. I'd say they'll be in for a good many weeks to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,051 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I hated them at first when I thought they were being serious.

But I get what they are doing now, and they really are the only contestants I care about. The rest are pale and unimaginative in comparison.

Also, it looks like it's starting to piss of Cheryl to no end, so that's always a good thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

LOVE them, they are two young cheeky lads thats just out for fun and to make the most out of it!!!
    Im so glad people are backing them, we do forget that these are real people that we mock and say all sorts about, they would of needed a thick skin to read everything that was said about them, and now how good must they feel, to know that they changed what everyone thought of them.
    I look forward to seeing what they will do next.

John...........................

I LOVE YOOOUUUUUU!:D
    Yeh right
    Eddy boi all they way! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Can I join the dumb and dumber club prity please?
    I promise I won't take the p*ss

not!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I must be the only person then who loved them from the start. I really hope they stay in every week. They are far more interesting than that blubbing eejit Danyl Johnson. I liked him after his first audition but have hated him since. He gets more condescending and fake every week.

I think Louis knew himself that they are exactly what the competition needs. Something different. They can't sing but they are very entertaining and I really think they stand out in the group sing alongs at the start of the Sunday shows, unlike the other generic pop singers.

Advertisement