Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John & Edward Fan Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Sinall wrote: »
    "But John I thought the old lady dropped it in the ocean at the end..."......."Well Edward I went down and got it for you!"

What is that all about? Is it a Titanic thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What is that all about? Is it a Titanic thing?

It happens in the Britney video for that song and is a reference to the chain from Titanic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Sinall wrote: »
    "Oops I did it again" when the exchanged the necklace....."But John I thought the old lady dropped it in the ocean at the end..."......."Well Edward I went down and got it for you!"

That made the performance for me :D
    In their fake American accents too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Lemlin wrote: »
    It happens in the Britney video for that song and is a reference to the chain from Titanic.

Yep, in the Britney video she gets presented with that blue "heart of the ocean" necklace that was in Titanic and there is that same dialogue that the twins did on X Factor!

I thought that was absolutely HILARIOUS! The two of them saying all that to each other in their shiny red suits. Fair play to them for doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Lemlin wrote: »
    I must be the only person then who loved them from the start. I really hope they stay in every week.

oh no, you're not the only one. Always have loved them and found them sooo funny :D. Well, i hope they'll stay in for ages and at least beat lloyd and show that its actually an entertainment show and not all about looks... :). Although their outfits last week were class :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hc123

They are so bad you have to love them. As Simon says you can't wait to see what they willdo next. When they had the romantic talking bit to each other in the middle of the song last week I didn't know if I would die from embarrassment watching them or die laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

They remind me of Chico in some respects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

dmcg90 wrote: »
    They remind me of Chico in some respects.

Exactly what I've been saying. They're a laugh and I look forward to them each week. I have always loved X-Factor but acts like Jedward, Chico and (although he could actually sing) Rhydian really hold people's interest. They make each week exciting and it's something different.

Go Jedward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

They are funny

How well does everyone think they'll do in the competition? At first I thought they'd be gone week 1/2 but people are starting to like them. Also having found ways for Irish to vote for them I think final 4 is possible.

They are at a loss in the sense that if they're ever in the bottom 2, they're gone. No matter what the other act is, no way would Cheryl, Dannii nor Simon vote to keep them in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think Jedward have at least 2 more weeks anyway, but with virtually no talented singers on the show they could go a lot further. It's so hard to tell with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

J&E singing Ricky Martin this weekend. I can't wait for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cutevelvet

Seemingly they are singing "She Bangs". It should be hilarious and very energetic...can imagine them being the complete opposite to Ricky Martin in his video as in interacting with the dancers etc. :D. I would say they could last another few weeks until it gets down to the final four maybe.......

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

deise_girl wrote: »
    How well does everyone think they'll do in the competition? At first I thought they'd be gone week 1/2 but people are starting to like them. Also having found ways for Irish to vote for them I think final 4 is possible.

They are at a loss in the sense that if they're ever in the bottom 2, they're gone. No matter what the other act is, no way would Cheryl, Dannii nor Simon vote to keep them in.

How???

I heart Jedward ♥! Feckin hilarious, loved them since their first audition. Was watching X Factor in an English pub in Lanzarote the night that they were put through to the final 12...the rest of the pub were aghast while I was cheering away!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055696207

I assume Staurday people will put up the new number on different sites anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

It says in that article though that those phonelines are not authorised or recognised by ITV or The X Factor so how do you know your vote is actually being registered? :confused:
    I know it says "your vote for whoever has been registered" when you ring but how can this be so if it has no connections with ITV and the official vote count? :confused:
    Could it be a scam or something? Especially as they change the numbers every week, what's that about? :confused:
    Would ring up at the weekend and vote for them if I thought it really was going to count but I'm skeptical......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The X factor change the number for every contestant every week depending on what order they sing in don't they?

Also the company has been checked by ofcom and deemed acceptable so I assume it's above board.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Love them!

Can't wait to see them tonight!

Their popularity has increased so much......everyone has begun to warm to them.

Wish them all the best tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Please post the number to vote for them when u have it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mummy2b

Loving John and Edward..totally hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Well, they totally banged tonight! Go Jedward!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Wow, seems like alot of people are beginning to like jedward around here :D.

i seriously hope that we'll see more of them after the show, be it on television or selling out concerts in the 02 (:P).

Never mind the O2 selling out concerts in America would be the next step :p

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Noooooooooo - here is the message on the phone voting site:

Due to contractual difficulties Free2Call.tv does not have a main sponsor for this week. Unless a new sponsor comes forward we will not be live for this weeks shows.

That means we (Irish viewers) won't be able to vote for Jedward this week :( ! I hope enough of the UK public are now starting to like them and keep them in.

If any Norn Iron Boards.ie members want to keep Jedward in call: 0901 61 61 110 (35p/min).

Oh no this is terrible, the end of John and Edward!!:eek::(
    Unless there is a sponser they will be bottom 2 and if they're bottom 2 they're definaitly going home..
    Im quite sad know actually.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ciano12

john
    and edward for eurovision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ciano12 wrote: »
    john
    and edward for eurovision

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=163727137318

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

One of the papers this morning reporting that John and Edward got the highest amount of votes this week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

One of the papers this morning reporting that John and Edward got the highest amount of votes this week! :D

Here's the article:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/2700883/Tone-deaf-pair-John-and-Edward-get-most-votes.html :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Advertisement