Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John & Edward Fan Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

While I know John and Edward aren't the worlds best singers there is no doubt they provide top class entertainment. Over the past few weeks I've always looked forward to their performance. To be honest without them and the fact that Miss Frank are gone I'm not sure if I'd watch it.

Anyway the reason I'm posting is the fact that it has been announced that they topped the public vote. http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1027/xfactor.html

Now correct me if I'm wrong but in previous years was this information not made available until after the series had finished?

Is this the x-factor producers way of trying to get rid of my beloved Jedward??? I.e are they trying to get people to vote for the other acts more by scaring them into thinking Jedward might win???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

joey54 wrote: »
    While I know John and Edward aren't the worlds best singers there is no doubt they provide top class entertainment. Over the past few weeks I've always looked forward to their performance. To be honest without them and the fact that Miss Frank are gone I'm not sure if I'd watch it.

Anyway the reason I'm posting is the fact that it has been announced that they topped the public vote. http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1027/xfactor.html

Now correct me if I'm wrong but in previous years was this information not made available until after the series had finished?

Is this the x-factor producers way of trying to get rid of my beloved Jedward??? I.e are they trying to get people to vote for the other acts more by scaring them into thinking Jedward might win???

Completely agree with you. Its a tactic Simon came up with at the 'emergency meeting' on Sunday imo. I really don't see how Jedward would have topped the vote judging by the reaction of the audience at the X-Factor who boo even if they're names are mentioned. Danyl apparently topped the vote the previous week and ended up in the bottom two this week. Its scary cos I dont want them to go! If they end up in the bottom two they're gone I reckon. Unless Simon is brave enough to say that they are improving (which they are) and that they are by far the most entertaining in the competition. They seriously put on a much better show than any other act.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Thats actually so cheeky if this was all a plan to get rid of them. But you do have to wonder why it was released. I do think John and Edward will get a similar amount of votes next week(provided they're entertaining) but other acts votes may go up.

I would seriously love John and Edward in the final :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Gossip_girls

Have to say I have loved the twins since the first time I seen them!

Lets be honest, arent we all a bit sick of these sob stories year after year after year? I am! and the twins are a change! definitly not the best singers in the slightest bit but I love them because they dont care! their out there dancing around in red leather suits!
    Just brilliant kids!!!

If that information was released as a plan to get rid of them then thats discusting. does anyoen remember same difference last year or whenever they where? The twins are most definitly better! and a good deal better!

I hope they stay in for a few more weeks because I know Ill stop watching once their gone and the sob stories start flooding out from the others!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

They 2 boys are the most talked about act in the history of x-factor!!
    i can never remember such hype.. Kim Marsh ahs come out saying she doesn't like the twins either!!!
    http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1029/xfactor.html
    The lads couldnt buy that kind of publicity!!!
    Everyone is talkin about them in the UK and are pretty popular by all accounts.
    I hate Daniel, he looks like the Gringe when he smiles.

tumblr_kr6k8r3zqO1qzorumo1_500.jpg

Danyl-Johnson-X-Factor-300x214.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

ALICE by SMOKIE would be a fantastic song choice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Anyone see the Twins' Lucan fan club on GMTV this morning? :)

I hope they continue to wipe the smirk off Simon Cowell's face. It's worth it for that alone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Apparently they're singing
    We Will Rock You
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Read something In one of the rags this morning that they might have swin flu. Anyone else hear anything?

• Advertisement

I heard that on the radio this morning, but just read this on [url]www.heatworld.com:[/url]
    Swine flu fears for John & Edward:
    The X Factor camp is fearing the worst after twins John & Edward came into contact with someone who has swine flu. All the X Factor acts visited Great Ormond Street Hospital earlier this week, but John, Edward and Rachel Adedeji all came into contact with a security guard who has since been diagnosed with swine flu. The worry is that if JEdward have contracted the disease, then not only will they been unable to perform, but they could also pass it on to other people in the house, which would mean disaster for the show. So far, the boys are showing no symptoms, but the X Factor crew are keeping a close eye on them. We really hope they're well enough to perform this weekend. The show wouldn't be the same without them!

So it seems like a big fuss or nothing? They just came into contact with someone who has it and they don't even have any symptoms! Poor Rachel was also there and there's no story in the paper about her lol!

We Will Rock You

That would be epic!! I would soo love to hear it. And I really hope they got voted through, but I'd love to know what they'd sing if they were in the bottom two.

If they're in the bottom two they're gonzo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

dolliemix wrote: »
    Completely agree with you. Its a tactic Simon came up with at the 'emergency meeting' on Sunday imo.

There was an emergency meeting?! huh?!

Yeh I know, but you know the way bottom two is normally standing infront of a mic singing as emotional and matching each note as well as possible. They would most likely still have a huge performance.

And yeh during the xtra factor Faye and Brian had to leave Holly coz they were called for an emergency meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

We Will Rock You

Very clever song choice again. Requires almost NO singing talent whatsoever, and it'll be a real crowd pleaser.

Louis Walsh (does he pick the song?) is a cute hoor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

I loved them from the start :)

hahaha Good choice if it is!
    Just out of spite I hope they stay in for a few more weeks. stir up the show...people will be too happy after their performances to take the others sob stories seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I hope they continue to wipe the smirk off Simon Cowell's face. It's worth it for that alone. :pac:

I dont think your really grasping this

Cowell will be loving having them still in there. Its his show and the more people watch and vote the more cash he earns. There the most talked about act in the history of the programme and are attracting more viewers. There is nothing surer than it was him not Louie Walsh that put them through, in fact i wouldnt say any judge has a say in who goes through, that would be decided upon by the production team. The acts with the best looks/saddest stories/most marketable go through. You can say what you want about Simon Cowell but he's a very shrewd business man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

now papers are saying they scraped through last week and that Rachel got the top spot with the voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

now papers are saying they scraped through last week and that Rachel got the top spot with the voters.

i hate rachel, she had the bottom 2 for the 1st and 2nd week and then all of a sudden in week 3 she completely changes her personality to act the same as stacey....... hate the way she did that, its too fake

back to topic, i love john and edward, obviously not for their vocal but they are definatly the best to watch and i hope they stay there for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

looks like free2call.tv will be back up and running for this weeks show, so I'll be voting for the lads this week, delighted they are still in it, would be boring without them :)

looks like free2call.tv will be back up and running for this weeks show, so I'll be voting for the lads this week, delighted they are still in it, would be boring without them :)
    If it is I think I will be voting from mobile, landline and getting everyone I know to vote. Also posting the number on a variety of sites :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

why would rachel suddenly be at the top after being in the bottom 2 for two weeks running?? Seems abit unrealistic to me...

I really wonder if either 'leaked voting patterns' are true. bet they were both made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

brennaldo wrote: »
    i hate rachel, she had the bottom 2 for the 1st and 2nd week and then all of a sudden in week 3 she completely changes her personality to act the same as stacey....... hate the way she did that, its too fake

I agree, Rachel was embarassing to watch, all that "oh my God" rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Who cares what the papers say, they are still in it thats all that matters, cant wait to see them tonight, it will get so boring when they are gone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Go on the Jedward Knights!

Can't wait to see them!

They should be given their own TV show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Advertisement