Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John & Edward Fan Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

They have a fan club on here.

I don't really mind them, but still....

Ewwww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

theyre the best thing since crystal swing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Why do Women get so freaked out? Jedward are so obviously shyte. Where does this communal idolatry come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Why do Women get so freaked out? Jedward are so obviously shyte. Where does this communal idolatry come from?

They were on the X Factor. There is no other reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jedward are the X factor; I wouldn't cross the ****ing road to see any of the other 11.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    They have a fan club on here.
    I don't really mind them, but still....
    Ewwww.

Each to their own but one things for sure, they are keeping "wee Daniel" in the background.
    Thats always a good thing! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Jedward fans, come baacckkk :D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OH MY GOD, love that ad!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Ah guys, that add is really sad, come on pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

Have to say that when I met these two really nice kids in the green room after the X-Factir final, they were extreemly polite, friendly and well...really nice to talk to. I will be honest here and say that whilst you cannot help liking them and enjoying their antics; hopping and skipping around etc etc, I feel that it was unfair that they were given the impression that they could sing in tune and so tried to entertain us week in week out, and they did, but not with singing, as to be really really fair, that was embarassing to say the least. The voters kept them in, but the voters didn't see the pressure they were under or how hard it was for two adolescent boys to deal with such abuse from the public and the media. I do hope that all that was worth it. I know I would not like to see any son/daughter of mine go through it. But I can see that being on the show has given them a profile, a start to do bits and pieces, earn some serious money until it all ends.I hope not, but unless they train as presenters or in some other area, what are they going to do? So sad that they gave up their chances of further education, but have a feeling they will end up going back to it at some point. Again, really really nice kids to meet and I genuinely wish them well. BTW, they look ten times more attractive without the high hair.

• Advertisement

The boys were on last night on Midweek; I tell you, what a breath of fresh air in this dull celeb world. Absolute buzzing with excitement, passion, enthusiasm and fun. An interviewers dream. Collette hadn't a second of freedom, but she loved every minute of it.

They even got up in the tiny little space they had and did a few numbers, never tiring, just belting away. I cannot see how anyone wouldn't like and appreciate these two.

Stars. And, they don't even try, it just flows.

havetoquit wrote: »
    other area, what are they going to do? So sad that they gave up their chances of further .

What do you mean? They are doing now exactly as they want. They are hot property and a hell of a lot more appealing and in demand than Olly bloody Murs or Joe bore McElderry

Yes, agree and really hope that Louis will think seriously about preparing them for a career in presenting or some other area suited to their personalities. I wouldn't like to see them just hopping up on adds and opening stores for life, but hey whatever makes them happy of course. I think they would possibly do really well in presenting children's fun programmes with a musicial connection, games and so on. They are certainly not above a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xhappyx

Love them!!! In todays depressing society it is great to see happy faces (albeit somewhat loopy at times!). Give them a break - we should support Irish acts:)

walshb wrote: »
    What do you mean? They are doing now exactly as they want. They are hot property and a hell of a lot more appealing and in demand than Olly bloody Murs or Joe bore McElderry
    Didn't mean that in a bad way at all, just that we all know that the benefit of a good education would enhance their chances even more and as any performer who is out of acting/singing/performing work will tell you, if you have an education to fall back on, then at least you can do something else. I happen to know that they are quite bright boys and are well capable of completing and passing their final exams and hey, it's still early days and they need a back up plan. Don't we all?

Totally agree and I do...well that is apart from Crystal Swing, because much as I try I just cannot. We have so much musical talent in this country, so why promote the least talented and leave the real musicians, song writers and composers struggling for recognition. I wonder how that happens don't you?

I do agree that a back up is a good idea; but with Jedward, what they have is unique, special and just completely real. They are natural born entertainers, and I reckon they always will be.

havetoquit wrote: »
    Totally agree and I do...well that is apart from Crystal Swing, because much as I try I just cannot. We have so much musical talent in this country, so why promote the least talented and leave the real musicians, song writers and composers struggling for recognition. I wonder how that happens don't you?

There is IMO a hell of alot more than being able to read and write music to become a star. Jedward have something that no school or college can teach, it's natural talent and showmanship, charisma, fun, passion, excitement, energy. They have it in spades, and it's showing. That is why they are doing so great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jedward have announced that their new single will be called 'All The Small Things'.

The former X Factor duo, made up of John and Edward Grimes, will release the song to promote their debut album Planet Jedward.

Despite having already released 'Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)' with Vanilla Ice, the pair dubbed the track on their Twitter page as "the debut single by John and Edward from our debut album Planet Jedward".

Describing the song, Edward wrote: "In the studio and is such a rock pop song! we were recording and we were rocking out and john punched me in the face (sic)." They later added that the track is about "young summer rock and fun".

Jedward's previous release peaked at number two on the singles chart, reportedly missing out on the top spot by just 24 copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

walshb wrote: »
    The boys were on last night on Midweek; I tell you, what a breath of fresh air in this dull celeb world. Absolute buzzing with excitement, passion, enthusiasm and fun. An interviewers dream. Collette hadn't a second of freedom, but she loved every minute of it.

They even got up in the tiny little space they had and did a few numbers, never tiring, just belting away. I cannot see how anyone wouldn't like and appreciate these two.

Stars. And, they don't even try, it just flows.

I love watching them in interviews...they just make me smile & laugh too. Adorable
    It's sad that most of the hate towards them comes from the Irish...
    I for one hope for the best for them, they deserve it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xhappyx

Just met the boys at a signing in Limerick. They were awesome! So chatty and nice - what great role models for the kids of our country. Just shows that all you need is charisma and a bit of fun (oh and they can actually sing too!). I'm not a teen but a mom of a teen who is obsessed with them... and I can now see why! Good on ye John and Edward and best of luck with the album. :):):)

The album is gone to No. 1 in Ireland

Is it true they are going into the BB house this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, they're going into the house on Friday night to perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Well done to Jedward........they rocked the BB house last night!

They were hilarious on BB Big Mouth.......really fun guys.

Hope they get all the fame in the world.

Proud of you boys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Terrance__and__Philip-logo-45329AA425-seeklogo.com.gif

;)

Anyone see them on Chatty Man with Alan Carr last night?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a275546/jedward-sign-gbp250k-nintendo-deal.html

Jedward have signed an advertising deal with Nintendo, it has been revealed.

The X Factor twins have agreed to front a Christmas marketing campaign for the video games company in a deal worth £250,000, according to The Sun.

John and Edward Grimes are believed to be filming a video and posing for posters next week.

A source said: "They are still the number one choice for brands which appeal to kids. Nintendo have snapped them up for Christmas."

It was previously reported that the Planet Jedward duo have already amassed £1 million each.

The source continued: "The twins are pulling in £30k every time they turn up to parties and corporate gigs. Then they have record sales, a book deal, TV shows, sponsorship deals and a pantomime.

"But they don't spend any money. They live on tuna and sweetcorn and live at home when they are not in hotels."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

How???

I heart Jedward ♥! Feckin hilarious, loved them since their first audition. Was watching X Factor in an English pub in Lanzarote the night that they were put through to the final 12...the rest of the pub were aghast while I was cheering away!

See...loved them from day one :cool:

#JILJIL

(I hope it's ok to bump this mods :o it's relevant since they're in CBB!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

See...loved them from day one :cool:

#JILJIL

(I hope it's ok to bump this mods :o it's relevant since they're in CBB!)

Actually scarlet for ya IBC. :D:D:D:D

Advertisement