Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partition Hard Drive

• 18-10-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some help here... I want to run windows 7 on seperate partition. I have windows vista home premium currently installed. The hard drive on my laptop is 250 gigs. I have power quest partition magic 8.0 but vista says there is a compatibility problem. It also recommends to create start up diskettes but there is no 3.5 floppy drive! Just dont want to create any problems for my computer. I can loose all the files as i have them backed up & have no problems with installing windows once the partition is created.

I would be really appreciative of some instructions as searches on google were not definitive!

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

vista says there is a compatibility problem.

Can you give us some more information other then this?

If you read the sticky up the top you should find what you're looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

wolfric wrote: »
    Can you give us some more information other then this?

If you read the sticky up the top you should find what you're looking for

sorry should have elaborated....

when opening the program a window pops up & advises that there is a known compatibility issue with this program... it gives the option to run the program, when i run the program it gives an error 117 - partitions drive letter cannot be identified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Ok so it's not compatible with vista. (with a quick google of "partition magic 8 vista compatibility"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PartitionMagic
    PartitionMagic is compatible with Windows NT, 98, ME, 2000, and XP desktop editions. However, it is not compatible with Windows NT, 2000, or 2003 server editions. It crashes if a Windows Vista partition is present, even if it is run from a different operating system, with the error "Init failed: Error 117. Partition's drive letter cannot be identified". (This error can be avoided if the Windows Vista partition is configured using Windows XP instead of creating the partition using Windows Vista or its installation disk. To fix this, all partitions on the hard drive need to be deleted and formatted into new partitions using the Windows XP installation disk, allowing for a working partition for Windows Vista to be created.) The same error occurs in some conditions under Windows XP.

Advertisement