If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv

Options
  • 18-10-2009 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

how much would a 37" LCD or LED cost ?
    tv would mainly be for normal viewing and DVD
    what would ye recommend and what have yous got in stock
    thamks for your help

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

endasmail wrote: »
    how much would a 37" LCD or LED cost ?
    tv would mainly be for normal viewing and DVD
    what would ye recommend and what have yous got in stock
    thamks for your help

Enda,

thanks a million for the email and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Probably the best 37" around at the moment weighted cost/Performance would be:

LG 37LH3010 - Full HD with USB input, MPEG4, Swivel stand - £499.95 / E €549.99

Philips 37PFL5604h - Again Full HD, MPEG4, USB input (Plays most formats) GREAT AUDIO QUALITY, 2 Year warranty as standard - EURO €699.99 - However after your 10% Boardies Philips Shop discount it comes down to just €629.99 http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl5604h_12/37pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

LG 37LF7700 - Another LG - and one of our most popular units - this unit is Full HD and at £549.95/ €629.99 is great value as it incorporates a HD Freesat satellite tuner which you just have to plug into your sky dish to get great subscription free access to full HD content http://www.lge.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-37LF7700.jsp

Samsung LE40B650 (ok it's a 40" so I'm cheating a bit!!) Really sexy looking super Slim LCD - this TV retails at well over €900 across most of Ireland - £749.95 / €829.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le40b650/sams-le40b650

Philips 37PFL8404h - getting pretty serious now- this TV has proven to be a huge hit with Boardies - it's little brother the PFL7404 has just won the What Hi-fi Supertest in this months issue against Sony / Samsung / LG / Panasonic etc - the 8404 is technically the same but with the addition of Ambilight and NET TV (a great feature which allow you to openly view the web on your TV - unlike most manufacturers you can access any site with NET TV - you are not limited to selected content) - have a look at this TV - it really is a great model http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl8404h_12/37pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf Normally €899.99 But with your Boardie Philips Shop 10% Discount just €829.99

Finally the really serious one:

Philips 37PFL9604h - the 42" Version has just beaten all comers in the top end review of top end TV's in What Hi-Fi Sounds & Vision and it's hotly tipped to win the Best TV award 2009-2010 - (these awards are announced tomorrow!);) - Ok it's not cheap at €1299.99 however after your Boardies Philips Shop 10% discount it comes down to a more affordable €1169.99 and believe me it really is a beauty - have a look at the specs here

All of these are available from stock (the 8404 is the only exception - it's on back order at the moment) - if any of them grab your fancy please just drop me a line and we will do our very best to assist.

Thanks again for the post.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

thanks john
    am investigating the 8 series and the 9 series and will be back on to ya at some stage
    i might get ya to PM me your contact number if ya dont mind

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

endasmail wrote: »
    thanks john
    am investigating the 8 series and the 9 series and will be back on to ya at some stage
    i might get ya to PM me your contact number if ya dont mind

Enda,

My office number is on my sig!

It's 01.843.9231 - I'm not always in the office, but if you miss me - Ursula in the office will look after you or if you leave a message I'll do my best to get back to you asap.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

thanks to ashley and co. in the philips shop
    brilliant TV ,picture on it is amazing ,well worth the extra few quid

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.