Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 6 Player of the week

• 18-10-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭

Offensive player of the week: Tom Brady and its only halftime.:)
    First QB to throw five touchdown passes in one quarter
    24 of 28 for 345 yards with 5 tds and 0 int.

I had to make sure I was awake at halftime, it felt like a wet dream.:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

eagle eye wrote: »
    Offensive player of the week: Tom Brady and its only halftime.:)
    First QB to throw five touchdown passes in one quarter
    24 of 28 for 345 yards with 5 tds and 0 int.

I had to make sure I was awake at halftime, it felt like a wet dream.:pac:

The underrated Pats O line for player of the week, especially Mankins and Volmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hazys wrote: »
    The underrated Pats O line for player of the week, especially Mankins and Volmer

Mankins made and huge block for Faulks TD and Vollmer made a huge block for Maroney's TD Run. the two of them including the rest of the line have been fantastic tonight. Dominating a poor Titans D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Who else can it be?

OFF:Tom Brady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Week 6 isn't over yet is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Baring Crazyness in The Sunday or Monday night game Tom Brady is the Offensive player of the week. Honorable mentions to Thomas Jones and DeAngelo Williams, 400yards and 3TD's between them.

Not sure on Defence and Rookie but the JaMarcus Russell award this week does not go to JaMarcus Russell, instead it goes to Mark Sanchez 5 Int's in 1 game, including 1 in OT.

• Advertisement

Baring Crazyness in The Sunday or Monday night game Tom Brady is the Offensive player of the week. Honorable mentions to Thomas Jones and DeAngelo Williams, 400yards and 3TD's between them.

Not sure on Defence and Rookie but the JaMarcus Russell award this week does not go to JaMarcus Russell, instead it goes to Mark Sanchez 5 Int's in 1 game, including 1 in OT.

Wow you are harsh :D What about Kerry Collins and his 2/12 -7 yards 1int and 1 fumble lost 2 if you include the one he recovered?

Wow you are harsh :D What about Kerry Collins and his 2/12 -7 yards 1int and 1 fumble lost 2 if you include the one he recovered?

But being honest, the way the Pats played, do you think if he had completed 12/12 for 100yards and 2 td's the Titans would have won the game? Heck he could have thrown for 300+ yards and still probably would have lost the game. Sanchez actually cost the Jets the game with the int in overtime after the D working hard to get them great field position on an interception of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Sanchez sucked, and he cost his team the game...

But Kerry Collins literally threw for seven fewer yards than his team would have had if he had stayed at home. -7 yards. Any (terrible) quarterback can throw picks, but it takes someone special to lose net yards off twelve pass attempts. 0/12 for 0 yards would've been better, like.

But being honest, the way the Pats played, do you think if he had completed 12/12 for 100yards and 2 td's the Titans would have won the game? Heck he could have thrown for 300+ yards and still probably would have lost the game. Sanchez actually cost the Jets the game with the int in overtime after the D working hard to get them great field position on an interception of their own.

Well lets look at it this way. Had Collins completed passes and moved the ball and not given it so easy these things would have happened:

- They could have gotten scores had he completed and moved it.

- Their Defense wouldn't have worn down so quickly being on the field for 80% of the game

- This in turn would have kept the Pats O off the field for 80% of the game putting pressure on the D and giving up scores.

- By putting up socres it adds pressure to the opposing D and O to perform. Added pressure brings mistakes. Chris Johnson had 100+ yds on the ground. Now add a decent production from his QB and you have a game on son!

To naively say the score would have been the same if Collins had moved the ball is just silly. Had he gone 12/12 with 200 yards and 2 TDs you can bet your a$$ the game would have been different.

You are basically saying that their D takes full responsibility for that Massacre but ask any defensive Coord and he will defo take responsibility for alot of it if the Offense is productive but their Offense wasn't and you can bank on a coaches meeting in the office tomorrow to asses why their offense let the side down.

Well lets look at it this way. Had Collins completed passes and moved the ball and not given it so easy these things would have happened:

- They could have gotten scores had he completed and moved it.

- Their Defense wouldn't have worn down so quickly being on the field for 80% of the game

- This in turn would have kept the Pats O off the field for 80% of the game putting pressure on the D and giving up scores.

- By putting up socres it adds pressure to the opposing D and O to perform. Added pressure brings mistakes. Chris Johnson had 100+ yds on the ground. Now add a decent production from his QB and you have a game on son!

To naively say the score would have been the same if Collins had moved the ball is just silly. Had he gone 12/12 with 200 yards and 2 TDs you can bet your a$$ the game would have been different.

You are basically saying that their D takes full responsibility for that Massacre but ask any defensive Coord and he will defo take responsibility for alot of it if the Offense is productive but their Offense wasn't and you can bank on a coaches meeting in the office tomorrow to asses why their offense let the side down.

While I can understand what your saying, the point I was trying to make was the the Patriots would have won that game against any team. It appeared to me that Brady could have landed the ball on the head of a pin today (i've only seen limited highlights so I may be wrong). Almost certainly the Titans would not have been blown away 59-0 if Collins had of thrown for 200+ yards but I still don't think they would have won the game.

Thats why personally I think that Sanchez was worse than Collins, I'm not saying Collins had a good game or anything. Sanchez's 5 interceptions, particularly the final one definitely cost his team the game. In the second quarter Collins could not buy a first down. But it still took a very good offence to score on each of their opportunities, you'd expect points on the two fumbles and the intercept, but from two punts as well thats good offence. Maybe my judgement is also Influenced by the fact I watched the Jets game and only saw highlights of the Pats game. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll stick by my initial judgement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

While I can understand what your saying, the point I was trying to make was the the Patriots would have won that game against any team. It appeared to me that Brady could have landed the ball on the head of a pin today (i've only seen limited highlights so I may be wrong). Almost certainly the Titans would not have been blown away 59-0 if Collins had of thrown for 200+ yards but I still don't think they would have won the game.

Thats why personally I think that Sanchez was worse than Collins, I'm not saying Collins had a good game or anything. Sanchez's 5 interceptions, particularly the final one definitely cost his team the game. In the second quarter Collins could not buy a first down. But it still took a very good offence to score on each of their opportunities, you'd expect points on the two fumbles and the intercept, but from two punts as well thats good offence. Maybe my judgement is also Influenced by the fact I watched the Jets game and only saw highlights of the Pats game. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll stick by my initial judgement.

You make a good point, but when all is said and done, you are comparing it to the worst QB performance ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Playerssss of the week for week 6: Raiders D! Wow!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Maurice Jones-Drew?

133 yards and 3TDs again.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Have to say, I reckon Brees's week was more impressive than Brady's, great as that was. Brady was playing against an already demoralised team with a banged up secondary, a team in the Titans who are a warm weather team who landed into a snow storm in October in Boston and didn't know what hit them. they were beaten before they set foot on to the pitch. Brees torched a 5-0 team with the best defence in the NFL, and scored almost as effortlessly as Brady against a team that was 10 times that of Tennessee.

So, Brees for offensive player of the week.

Ah jesus lads, barring a miracle in Southern California tonight, Tom Brady is Off player of the week. It'd p!ss me off to be a fan of a performance like that and not be given fair dues.

Also, barring a miracle, def player of the week is K Collins for the Pats :p... I dunno anymore, it's like both teams were playing for the Pats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Jeff Fisher says he's benching anyone who gave up, pending film review.

We'll be seeing a whole new Titans team next week then, looks like.

The point about Brees is good though. Surgery against a team that good is really impressive. It's an incredible season for quarterback play.

Bronco's D is having none of it.... ;)

Edit: Wrong damn thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

fisgon wrote: »
    Have to say, I reckon Brees's week was more impressive than Brady's, great as that was. Brees torched a 5-0 team with the best defence in the NFL, and scored almost as effortlessly as Brady against a team that was 10 times that of Tennessee.

So, Brees for offensive player of the week.

+1

Advertisement