Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't ring a specific number

• 18-10-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Over the past week i haven't been able to get through to my girlfriends mobile at all.
    We're both on Meteor, i can ring any other number and it works fine, she can ring my number and any other number.
    We just tried it there standing right beside each other, she got through to mine, i still couldn't get through to hers.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Any ideas?

It's a long shot, but call Meteor customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

turn your phone off and back on again . if that doesnt work as the other poster said ring customer care

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It's a long shot, but call Meteor customer support.

It's a long shot at 12.09am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Some samsung phones have a number screening feature. Could be that ur number is being screened. Search for number screening or number barring on the phone and if your number is there delete it. Calls should then connect to her phone. Other than that test your sim in another handset to see if its your sim or phone and pop into a store

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Maybe she blocked your number?? ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What phone do you have? You can activate call barring on some phones, would you have done this? Bit of a long shot but a possibility.

I have n95, no numbers barred, she has a nokia as well, no numbers barred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

When you try to dial it what happens? Does it ring, weird tone or straight to her voicemail?

Davy wrote: »
    When you try to dial it what happens? Does it ring, weird tone or straight to her voicemail?

straight to her voicemail

I forgot to ring meteor today, i'll ring them tomorrow and try sort it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

straight to her voicemail

I forgot to ring meteor today, i'll ring them tomorrow and try sort it :o

Has anyone else been able to ring her? Maybe it's a problem with her receiving calls in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Stupid question but you didn't perhaps (accidentally?) edit her number to include a 5 after the operator prefix number did you? Check the entry in your contacts list and check. Presuming of course you haven't tried manually entering the number instead of using the saved contact.

If that isn't the case, you could try putting +353 in front of the number and drop the leading 0. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Im having the same problems with meteor. N95 8gb and loads of calls to me are going straight to my mailbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Over the past week i haven't been able to get through to my girlfriends mobile at all.
    We're both on Meteor, i can ring any other number and it works fine, she can ring my number and any other number.
    We just tried it there standing right beside each other, she got through to mine, i still couldn't get through to hers.

Any ideas?

Swap the SIMS between phones, and see if the problem follows the SIM..

Advertisement