Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gojira.. help

• 18-10-2009 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Im no genre-whore, basically Iv never limited myself to genres or even TRIED to place bands because.. well because of the senseless arguments putting music into genres starts!
    But this time I have to ask a question and hope that maybe a few people can give me good solid answers and this wont descend into chaos :D

Basically, until a recent and still active thread, Id never heard of polyrhythyms. I liked some of the tunes embedded in the thread and did a little research which led me to my burning question.

Is Gojira Mathmetal/core? My question stems from the only Gojira song I like and can stand to listen to(dont hate me.. or do I dont really care :D ) Remembrance

The particular part of the song that lead me to question whether they are mathcoremetalwhateverthe**** starts at 3:22ish

So, what say you metalheads??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mathmetal? No.

Gojira are a bit of a mix, but I'd mainly describe their earlier stuff (The Link) as technical metal or metalcore with FMTS onwards as more progressive/technical metal.

But judging by remembrance... It is a metalcore song all the way through but the outro would not render the song/band as being mathcore. Listen to it and you will see that it is a breakdown with mostly standard 4/4 timing - more specifically it is nine bars of 4/4 with one bar of 7/4 (feel free to correct me on this).

All the above is strictly my opinion as most genre pigeonholing comes down to opinion at the end of the day

Advertisement