Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talkin Waffle

Options
  • 18-10-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't sure if this belonged in Cakes or Sweets .. (bit like the Jaffa Cake debacle) .. but plumped for Sweets as I went for a Sweet one .. had I of went for a Savoury one - then Cakes it would have been.

So anyway, I was never a big fan of Waffles (well, at least not the Bird's Eye frozen potatoe ones) but one day I had a KFC craving to bate the band and so headed off to Jervis St Mall (:D) ok Shopping Centre.

When I bounded up the escalator, with my order fully memorized and hanging from my salavating tongue, I was slapped smack in the face by a gigantic horse of a que :mad:

What is wrong with people I thought .. surely there are other things to eat other than CHICKEN you damn bas**rds .. like Harry Ramsdens for instance. The staff over there are clearly falling asleep as they watch KFC'ers stealing their allocated portion of the seating area to consume their cruely treated chicken corpses that yet somehow still taste remarkably succulent and divinely moreish.

So off I sulked back towards the escalator as the inevitable McDonalds vist unappealingly surfaced once again to my mind and I new that an hour from now I'd be back in my car have eaten some mulch from the yellow arches and my self esteem will again be rock bottom as each time I eat from the hell that is the Ronald McDonald empire, I swear I will never again succumb to it's subliminal, seductive and manipulitive 'I'm Lovin It' ads.

Just then as I am so close to the escalator, that even slightly slowly my pace is now irratating other hungry KFC'ers who like me, are pi**ed that getting food from them this week would require a Michael Douglas esque moment with an Uzi - I am consumed by fumes that could only possibly be coming for some sort of carb heaven.

So, I pulled in out of my way and turned on my heels and headed towards my right were just at the top of the escalator was .. Maple Moose.

maple.jpg

How had I never heard of this place before? And why was there no one there .. just what seemed to be a gorgeous sweddish blonde girl staring at me as I somewhat nervously approached. I glanced around the Food Hall in The Mall Shopping Centre and there were ques almost every food vendor and yet here was this divine girl serving what smelled like heaven.

"Can I get you anything Sir" she asked in a voice I swear matched the sweet maple bakery smell to perfection. "Sure" I said .. "What have you got on today" ..

What have you got on today? What have you got on today? What an Idiot Twat thing to say (I hate myself I thought) .. but Miss Sweden never missed a beat and said "We have Savory Crepes, Sweet Crepes or Waffles?". Waffles sounded good so I just said "Waffles sounds good" :)

"Would you like Icing Sugar, Maple Syryp or Nutella with Whipped Cream?". "Nutella with whipped cream please" I said trying not to show my excitement as I glanced around wondering why their wasn't a stampede for what this gorgeous creature was offering me. "Would you like some Coffee with that?" she said.

Would I ever. Oh yes, yes please and will you come home with me. Will you marry me .. be mine for now and for ever more? .. is what I am sure my eyes screamed but "Cappuccino with two sugars would be great" is thank God all that sprang from my mouth.

So off I strolled to sit and devour my small peice of Shangri-la as I gazed at my beloved Bronze Bull - which today - I swear, looked almost Moose like.

Advertisement