Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Storm 2

• 19-10-2009 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I see it's been launched in the UK and has got some pretty decent reviews. Anyone got any info on an Irish launch?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

I see it's been launched in the UK and has got some pretty decent reviews. Anyone got any info on an Irish launch?

UK is pre-order for the 26th October.
    In the busy holiday gift buying period, customers in the UK and Ireland will be able to get the new smartphone first through Vodafone, and it will be offered exclusively by Vodafone in Germany, Netherlands and Spain. It will also be made available in France, Italy and South Africa in time for Christmas.

Based on that it could be available on the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

The retail shops don't seem to have any info just yet though. No pre-ordering here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Did they take the click off it?

The first model is the single worst phone I have ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

blackberry wrote:
    New SurePress Technology
    The BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone introduces a new SurePress™ technology based on an electronic system that provides the user with tactile feedback when the touch-screen is pressed. The new system responds equally to gentle pressure applied anywhere on the surface of the screen and makes clicking the display practically effortless. Typing on the smartphone's virtual keyboards is easier, more comfortable and more accurate. The new SurePress technology also allows the user to type a letter with one thumb even while their other thumb may still be touching or resting on another letter, enabling faster typing and multi-key actions such as Shift or Alt -key combinations.

http://www.vodafone.com/start/media_relations/news/group_press_releases/2009/storm2.html

There's a number of videos on youtube of it. Looks much better than the first Storm.

I'll be changing my curve for it when it's released.

Advertisement