Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bit bored....

Options
  • 19-10-2009 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Ok so I got Sims 3 when it came out and have been playing it loads, but I'm getting a bit bored with it.

Anyone else having the same problem? I played Sims 2 for years!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

same thing always happens to me.. its a phase thing, i'll prob be at it once the next expansion is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

You could try some of the challenges on the community forums. I like the ones in the Creative forum (building and design) as they give me something to aim for.

And maybe go back to basics with game play if you haven't already? No cheating, start from the bottom and work your way through careers.

Or some people make really unusual families, like aliens and ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Start your own sitcom? Try to do a storylike structure (like the Homeless story)?

I do get a bit bored myself - stopped playing with my Sim for quite a while because it was difficult to get a mate. Now don't get me wrong, Mark is quite a catch but all the lovely ladies suddenly becaume grannies when the relationship was moving forwards :S Has that been patched yet so you can find out ages?

I would like to start a storyline approach sometime...If I can ever find the time!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The sitcom idea is good. I did one where I made myself and moved him into a house with God, Satan and a baby Jesus. I even have a little theme tune I hum to myself. Oh the fun we have. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

It sounds silly, but sometimes I make myself actually do their lifetime wants and goals as opposed to the ones I want for them. It makes the game a bit more difficult for me sometimes, but sometimes it's more challenging - especially when it comes to things like having 20 simultaneous lovers or having 6 grandkids graduate from college, or having tons of kittens/puppies/etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

or just box them up and watch them piss themselves.

always a crowd pleaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

^^As is not doing anything when the kitchen catches fire. Hey, that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kavkid

I got it last week but i've been having trouble just getting into it. I'm still attached to The Sims 2... I've got too much stuff on it to move just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Alicat wrote: »
    You could try some of the challenges on the community forums. I like the ones in the Creative forum (building and design) as they give me something to aim for.

And maybe go back to basics with game play if you haven't already? No cheating, start from the bottom and work your way through careers.

Or some people make really unusual families, like aliens and ghosts.

My favourite challenge is the Ugly one! You CAS thats so pig ugly, I mean not even a face her/his mother could love. Then you send them out into the world, somehow find them a mate (the uglier the better) and have a kid, then that kid grows and finds a mate (gotta find a mate who looks on par with the seeker!) and they have a kid and so on and keep going untill you finally have a young adult who didnt fall out of the ugly tree!

Advertisement