Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97 vs N900 vs N97 mini ??

• 19-10-2009 5:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

I'v been holding out for a couple of months now debating whether to go for the N97 0r the upcoming N900. then this morning I came across the new N97 mini, it seems to have all the N97 functionality with reduced memory to 8GB & a smaller keyboard & problematic lens cover removed.

Has anyone out there got one of these? how is it working out.

I currently have N95 8gb & have never filled the memory & i use cam function all the time.

opinions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Gonzales wrote: »
    .....problematic lens cover removed.

My N97 doesn't have a problematic lens cover either.

Other than that, have you tried an N97? Some people quite like the thumbpad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

xanthor wrote: »
    My N97 doesn't have a problematic lens cover either.

Other than that, have you tried an N97? Some people quite like the thumbpad.

xanthor, count yourself lucky there are hundreds of accounts on the net of the lens cover scratching the lens as you open & close it, have a quick look at your lens for scratches parallel to the lens cover slideing direction.

No i've not used the N97 yet , it seems similar to N95 excpet for qwerty & touch screen & I'm quite happy with the N95 8GB but it's a bit grotty at this stage plus my service provider owes me an ugrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I'd be happy with an N97 mini - tinkering with Linux (N900) is a bit like work to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I wouldn't get an N97 mini, it's not much smaller, has lot less memory and no d-pad.
    I like using the dpad when I'm fed up touching the screen.

N900 looks pretty cool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Gonzales wrote: »
    xanthor, count yourself lucky there are hundreds of accounts on the net of the lens cover scratching the lens as you open & close it, have a quick look at your lens for scratches parallel to the lens cover slideing direction.
    No i've not used the N97 yet , it seems similar to N95 excpet for qwerty & touch screen & I'm quite happy with the N95 8GB but it's a bit grotty at this stage plus my service provider owes me an ugrade.
    def. Scratch free. A month in and im using the camera 3 or 4 times a week. Always something new on the horizon so if its to close to the n95 wait a bit. If you do get a n97 id suggest you get the higher spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

funkyflea wrote: »
    I wouldn't get an N97 mini, it's not much smaller, has lot less memory and no d-pad.
    I like using the dpad when I'm fed up touching the screen.

n97 mini has direction keys instead. Like on a real real keyboard! You are not stuck with just the touchscreen ;) since you have a 'return'/enter key, the d-pad is superfluous...kind of. And the direction keys might be more useful for righties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

strecker wrote: »
    n97 mini has direction keys instead. Like on a real real keyboard! You are not stuck with just the touchscreen ;) since you have a 'return'/enter key, the d-pad is superfluous...kind of. And the direction keys might be more useful for righties

Hope so because the N900 has a similar layout.

I can't wait for the N900 to be released to finally get rid off my N97. Is as slow as hell. It reminds me of my N71. I have had many problems since I bought it, including the lens issue (among a problem with the speaker, the phone reset itself if I shake/move it to fast, GPS works at exactly the same moment that I arrive my destination, I still can't upgrade the software, and a few other things).

The only thing I am a bit scare off is that the N900 might turn out as big as dissapointment as the N97 has to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

thx all

Advertisement