Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ Hero

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

I'd like to get it but I don't really want to pay that much especially with all the other games coming out aswel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I'm in two minds about this. While I do love the rhythm element of these games I'm not a huge fan of the style of music involved in the game. Might be a possible purchase well down the line when the price drops considerably though. Does look fantastic if you're into that type of thing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'll stick to my decks thanks, looks like fun though, i'll definitely try it out for the laugh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ordered it for €95 off TheHut at the weekend.

Might cancel it between now and release depending on reviews though! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd say it's the first simulation game where the actual simulation is harder than the reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd say it's the first simulation game where the actual simulation is harder than the reality

Not neccesarily. Doing mash ups in the style they are done in the game would take a long time to learn in reality and would be just as difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

DarkJager wrote: »
    Not neccesarily. Doing mash ups in the style they are done in the game would take a long time to learn in reality and would be just as difficult.
    not to sound smug but from 16 years professional experience, i beg to differ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I wont be getting it anyway the price is just way too high and the game itself is pretty shocking. Even if you like that kind of music. Activision are being dicks too flooding the market with these games. GH 3 was good the rest have been very poor money grabbing ventures. With no improvement on the last outing. Even the head of activision has said they dont want to make any more games that are inovative all they want is games that they can curn out every year in 100 million dollar franchises. Untill people start boycotting them they will continue to release this rubbish.

you now have all these In a short time frame.

DJ hero
    Band hero
    GH5
    GH greatest hits
    GH WT
    GH aerosmith
    GH Metalica
    GH Vanhalen
    GH 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I wont be getting it anyway the price is just way too high and the game itself is pretty shocking. Even if you like that kind of music. Activision are being dicks too flooding the market with these games. GH 3 was good the rest have been very poor money grabbing ventures. With no improvement on the last outing. Even the head of activision has said they dont want to make any more games that are inovative all they want is games that they can curn out every year in 100 million dollar franchises. Untill people start boycotting them they will continue to release this rubbish.

you now have all these In a short time frame.

DJ hero
    Band hero
    GH5
    GH greatest hits
    GH WT
    GH aerosmith
    GH Metalica
    GH Vanhalen
    GH 3

I think its cool they are releasing a variety of these games, I personally have no interest in any of the GH or Rockband games but DJ Hero will do it for me nicely. Now that they've done DJ and Rock style games, I wonder whats next. Jazz Club Hero with wireless saxophone? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wonder whats next. Jazz Club Hero with wireless saxophone? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I think its cool they are releasing a variety of these games, I personally have no interest in any of the GH or Rockband games but DJ Hero will do it for me nicely. Now that they've done DJ and Rock style games, I wonder whats next. Jazz Club Hero with wireless saxophone? :D

Im not against the type of music if the guys behind rock band where bringing it out you would know that it was going to be a decent game. Activision took a good game franchise and milked it to death.

Imagine getting 6 FIFA soccer games a year ?

This is a really really bad game and for 140 euro its criminaly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I wonder will it have the fun replayability of the other games? Can't see it being a big party game for example, its too solo-based. Looks like it'll get fairly boring after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14280894.html

Good review score of 9.3..higher than I thought.

tuffenuff wrote: »
    http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14280894.html

Good review score of 9.3..higher than I thought.
    Jeez.. we must be on similar wavelengths this morning tuffenuff.

Just mentioned the positive reviews including the IGN review in the other DJ Hero thread

Very suprised at the rating actually.. was thinking it'd get a 7 at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Right so who's getting this game today!? €130 is steep but ive always wanted a game like this as im mad into this kind of music(Mash-ups), and always wanted to try my hand at a turntables, and id imagine the real thing is way too difficult so this is the next best thing.

The only thing ive been wondering is what do you do with the table exactly, do you just sit it on your knee when playing or do you require a table of some sort to lean on, ive no tables of the appropriate height bar my dinner table! not exactly convieniant!

Hopefully Tesco pop up and offload this one on the cheap too!

johnn wrote: »
    Right so who's getting this game today!? €130 is steep..
    Tis €115 from Argos (http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=dj+hero&Submit=GO+%3E).
    johnn wrote: »
    Hopefully Tesco pop up and offload this one on the cheap too!
    ShaneU mentioned in the DJ Hero thread elsewhere that it's €100 from Tesco (but it's yet to be confirmed).

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62760415&postcount=59

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Apparently people taking "It's just a game" one step further

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/evs/1438184361.html

Apparently people taking "It's just a game" one step further

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/evs/1438184361.html
    This posting has been flagged for removal
    (The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
    Awww..!

EDIT: Aha.. found this:

picture13r.png

• Advertisement

haha thats brilliant, imagine someone playing DJ hero at your 21st!!

Has anyone actually played the game yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Just got a leaflet in the door and tesco are selling DJ Hero for €100 so gonna pop down later and pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is that a special offer?

I see there is DLC out for the game already....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Might buy it at some stage, I'll probably wait until someone I know gets it and try it out for myself then.

Can't believe it's over 9 years since I got Beatmania for the PS1!

I got it on friday, its actually great fun. I love using the cross-fader effect, it works great on the Beastie Boys track in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Got this as a christmas gift. Im addicted!!!!

Last night my fingers almost bled, I love it!

I saw hmv had metallica guitar hero for 35 there a few days before christmas. Think I might make a purchase :)

Advertisement