Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Sandycove Train Station

Options
  • 19-10-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭

Radio reports that Someone jumped in front of a Train at Sandycove Station. There was also talk that he survived but no more news yet. All trains between bray and dun laoghaire are out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

That's what i thought. I was on the southbound DART that was in the station at the time, we were stopped and the other DART came in horn blazing and then nothing for 10 minutes. Services were then suspended between Dun Laoghaire and Bray. While leaving the station it was clear that they were treating someone on the DART, but there were 4-5 ambulances and 1-2 fire trucks outside so there was definitely more to it than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

19th October, 09.00hrs: Southside DART disruption by Corporate Communications

09.00hrs, 19th October 2009
    DART services are currently suspended between Dun Laoghaire and Bray, due to a person being struck on the line at Sandycove. The scene is being attended by the emergency services.
    Dublin Bus are accepting rail tickets for customers travelling to and from stations south of Dun Laoghaire.
    Iarnród Éireann apologises for the inconvenience caused.

From Irish Rails website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Was in the carriage he was brought on to. Left as soon as I could, didn't want to hear or see anything. I presume he was unconscious as I didn't hear anything, but they thought he was still breathing. I'm just glad I didn't see it - the northbound platform was busy enough and everyone I saw was in pieces after witnessing what happened.

The horn went and the driver slammed on the breaks just as the train pulled into the station, so I don't think it was a last-second jump. Some people were saying he fainted but I don't see how that was possible.

Horrific to experience, hope he's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Funkstard wrote: »
    Horrific to experience, hope he's OK.

:confused: He was hit by a TRAIN somehow I doubt he'll be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Well that baby in Melbourne was hit by a train in the station and was ok!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

In hospital seriously injured apparently. Thanks for the lesson on physics though, never knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Funkstard wrote: »
    In hospital seriously injured apparently. Thanks for the lesson on physics though, never knew that.

There was no lesson there, only a statement:confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hope he's ok. I really hope people here arent stupid enough to Mention peoples names

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

There was no lesson there, only a statement:confused:

and a pretty needless one at that

Advertisement