Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Users getting locked out

• 19-10-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have a number of users who are getting locked out of their sessions periodically during the day. I cant seem to figure out why though, and its only happening to a certain few.

We have 2 domain controllers. One in Galway, one in Dublin. The users log into Galway, launch a Citrix session that connects them to Dublin where they use their applications.

However during the day they will get locked out periodically. There's nothing showing up in the Event Viewer. And everything they use is on the Citrix servers.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Well its hard to know but I know that can happen if you have a Conflicker breakout on the network.

We had it here on a site and the acc's were locking out all the time, it was showing up on the event viewer though.
    The whole site was riddled with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Well its hard to know but I know that can happen if you have a Conflicker breakout on the network.

We had it here on a site and the acc's were locking out all the time, it was showing up on the event viewer though.
    The whole site was riddled with it.

Ill check it out here and see. 1 particular user isnt even in today. I unlocked his account this morning, and I just checked it there and it was locked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

also check and see if they have installed anything using their own user/pass on another machine. programs that run as a service using a user's credentials dont necessarily get updated when the user changes their password (seen it happen with crystal reports installed as a local admin account but not "the" local admin account). could be locking them as it tries , unsuccessfully, to contact a central server or database.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Silly Hail Mary, but are parental controls on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

You might want to check the logging detail level you have turned on - it might be set a little low for some reason.

You should be seeing login failed attempts in the security log or application log for the users though - very strange if not.

No one has gone poking about with Group Policy on you ?

• Advertisement

LoLth wrote: »
    also check and see if they have installed anything using their own user/pass on another machine. programs that run as a service using a user's credentials dont necessarily get updated when the user changes their password (seen it happen with crystal reports installed as a local admin account but not "the" local admin account). could be locking them as it tries , unsuccessfully, to contact a central server or database.

Nope, they dont have access rights to install anything on the machines. The plot thickens!!

macrubicon wrote: »
    You might want to check the logging detail level you have turned on - it might be set a little low for some reason.

You should be seeing login failed attempts in the security log or application log for the users though - very strange if not.

No one has gone poking about with Group Policy on you ?

I did change the Group Policy about 2 weeks ago to stop them accessing the Games on the PC's. Management "Request". Ive disabled that Group Policy now and Ill monitor it throughout the day to see if that makes any difference.

No joy folks. Still getting locked out even though Ive disabled the Group Policy and also rebuild their user profiles.

Advertisement