Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband..How Long??

• 19-10-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Does any one know how long it takes eircom to turn on the broadband after you order it? They said ten days but i know it comes on before that.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There is no set time. It'll be on whenever it's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

normally 1-3 days...
    Ordered mine on a Friday...was switched on by Monday.
    Ordered parents on a Thursday and was switched on by Monday as well.
    In both cases it took a week for the modem to arrive. However since I already had spare router I was able to use that one in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

ya i ordered mine thursday. Have had an old router plugged in since then. Suppose il just have to wait!! Im being very impaitent really!!

Thanks for the replys lads!

you did configure it to work with eircom?
    such as username/password/ppoe etc?

Nope didnt do ne thing with the router. Its one that i had with eircom that i had before. Last time i was able to just plug it in and it worked. I havent even checked it on the pc r ne thing. Just waitin for the right lights to come on, on the router.

• Advertisement

ah right...should be grand then..they're prob just slow then :)
    Try this evening..bet it will be on..it was monday evening when i tried for both..

ah im sure it'll come on eventually!! thanks for the help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Mine took 2 days. Had a spare router at home that I plugged in as soon as I got off he phone with them!

thats kinda why i posted this. The last time i got it im pretty sure it was on in two days. Eircom we havin trouble 'finding' the line when they came out to install it because im in a new estate and we r the first people to move in. I thought it should have being on by now. Just worried that there is still trouble there somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

if there was broadband on the line previously then its usable within a day or two. otherwise it can be anytime up to the 10 days. its normally activated by the time you get the modem

• Advertisement

Rang Eircom as I had a feelin something was wrong and it turns out that there is no broadband even ordered for me because my phone line isnt up and running yet. They told me to get a fone and plug it in and to try make a call. I didnt even get a dial tone. The technition that came out 2 weeks ago told me my phone line was workin perfectly. Im now back to square one with them and have to get another tech fella out. Its shocking how bad some companies can be.

Advertisement