Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW import under service warranty?

• 19-10-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭

Hey all, have a question for you. Herself bought an 08 VW Golf up the north a few months ago. Have just noticed a little 'wrench' indicator when starting the car highlighting 'service' time I'm guessing. Herself was told the first 2 years servicing were free at any VW garage, including the republic. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please, I'm going to ring the garage later (in Galway) and want to have my facts straight. Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Just wondering, are you sure it wasn't 2 years warranty and any garage in the republic can do the work? If it is servicing confirm with supplying dealer, sounds a bit odd though:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Could be wrong, but from what I've read on UK VW forums, they get a 3 year warranty over there (the third year being dealer warranty), but that there have been cases where something's gone wrong and VW UK have repaid the (Irish) owner for work done here.

Best to check with the garage though but for a 08 I'd imagine it'll be fine. Worst come to worst, a spin up North is in order (and the work will probably be cheaper too in my experience) - tell her she can get the Chrimbo shopping started early while you're there.. they love that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

There's no free/inclusive servicing in ROI so you need to clarify with the supplying dealer exactly what they're offering and then you need to contact your local dealer and get them to agree to service the vehicle and seek reimbursement from your supplying dealer.

Good luck with that... :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Perhaps they threw in 2 free services. If so, you would need to return to that garage to get those services surely. I wouldnt go ringing up an irish dealer looking for a service without parting with any cash to be honest. I can almost hear the service guy laughing on the phone when you say that you went to the north to buy your car and now you are looking for your free service from him. So really, even if you have some written confirmation of the 2 free services from the northern dealer, Im sure you would have to pay and them claim it back from the original dealer or just travel to original dealer. They most likely would only cover it at there own premises though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

EPM wrote: »
    Just wondering, are you sure it wasn't 2 years warranty and any garage in the republic can do the work? If it is servicing confirm with supplying dealer, sounds a bit odd though:confused:

Sorry about that, I meant any VW service dealer. I'm quite clueless with cars I'm afraid. I think it's Windsor motors in Galway, I'll give them a ring. Thanks all for the replies, I appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Its Western Motors in Galway, not Windsor.

I'd also imagine you'll have to pay for your service.

Advertisement