Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

connection interupted!

• 19-10-2009 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭

ok this is my setup, wirless broadband into the house with Cisco epc 2425 router/ modem in sitting room. Xbox 360 in kitchen with wireless network adapter. It worked fine for a few months, but when playing COD 4 (its all am really playing at the the moment) I keep getting "connection interupted", and it becomes unplayable, my connection bars just go up and down.

I can connect to Live fine, once it said my MTU is too low, so I changed it to 1364, hasn't appeared since. I enabled UPnP on the router - no difference. I have tried a power cycle and rebooting the router - it might run fine then for a hours then back to the same problem. Xbox live works fine when plugged directly into the router.
    I really don't want the hassle of leads.

Haven't forwarded any ports yet. Does anyone think it could be that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Are you using the microsoft wireless adapter marketed for the 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

yes i am using the official 360 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

So it's just the wireless that is a bit all over the place?
    Do you have any other wireless devices/laptops on the same network?

You can also try changing the channel that the router is broadcasting on. If there are other routers on the same channel, they'll interfere with each other.
    Try and stay 3 channels clear of anything else, so if there's a router using channel 8, try 5 or 11.. and so on.

there's my girlfriends laptop, which is constantly on. no other router in the house. I am trying to understand router set up etc, and I can get into the router through her laptop, but haven't a clue where I would find these channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

I'm not overly familiar with that router, being honest but it should be in the basic wireless page.
    Usually in the same area as the SSID (network name for the wireless).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

if your girlfriend is dowloading stuff or even on u tube , gmail any site that is heavy u will get connection interuption

Cheers. I will have to put restrictions on her facebook usage!

Since she uses the pc wirelessly put is in the same room as the router, would it lessen chance of interuption, if it were plugged in directly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

yes i am using the official 360 one.

I have used that before, its a conplete waste of money.

If there is someone else using the conection, then it will also disrupt the signal.

I use this, and ive never had a problem with it:

devolo-dlan-duo-starter-kit-p_137269vb.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

facebook will only take a lot of the net resources if shes uploading pics of looking at here friends pics.cos we all no how much chicks love to look at pics from the night before

• Advertisement

Yeah I know they do! Plugged the laptop directly into the router, and it seems fine, time will tell!

Advertisement