Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So it's just been over 1 month....

• 19-10-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

..... since we've started/returned to college.

I guess this thread is designed for new first years and people who are maybe having a little trouble settling in.

The reason I started this thread is because a lad in my course was finding it hard to settle in socially and was thinking about leaving the course.
    College is daunting yes so of course people are gonna be a bit nervous meeting new people etc and making new friends can be difficult especially when you don't know anybody.

So I guess if you're having a few problems settling in or problems with anything post them here and let's see if we can't help.

Maybe if people are finding it hard to make friends then maybe a boards meet up in the bar might be in order or something.

Oh and I'm doing fine btw. ;) Was a bit hard getting to know people and two of the modules are a little hard at the moment so I'm getting a little extra tuition from one of the lads in my course.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

yes im find it difficult but i was finding it hard about a month ago but that all changed after going to a pixies concert. Ive dropped out before due the same reason you mention looking back it was a huge mistake and something i regretted doing for the last few years.

Now i see things in a different way its is difficult to "fit it" but im doing my best to, ive no other choice there nothing out there, other than me finishing my course. Ive been on the dole previous to this course and it a horrable existance.

I still havnt heard from either the gaming or console clubs and the only one i joined thats sorta active is the mature student club. I think i joined the wrong clubs i want to get involved more and meet people after all thats what college is all about.

Advertisement