Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fedora 11 and OpenVPN

• 19-10-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

I installed Fedora 11 (and Ubuntu) as I wanted to get to grips with Linux based systems.

Fedora seems to have VPN built in and there is a GUI to install either a Cisco VPN or an OpenVPN VPN. I have OpenVPN working on Windows and tried to install it on Fedora using the GUI. I used the keys from the Windows partition.

The client seems to connect (it shows as connected) . But if I try to ping anything all I get back is 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx destination host unreachable' where xxx etc is the IP address normally assigned by the OpenVPN server to this client when I connect in Windows XP.

The Firewall is configured to allow VPN on port 1194, even turning off the firewall and SELinux made no difference.

It makes no difference whether in the VPN GUI I choose to use a TAP device or not. If you check use a TAP device it doesn't ask which one or prompt for a name if it is about to create one.

I also tried using the Terminal Server Utility to connect to a Windows server via the VPN connection. It tells me its connected but does not display anything.

Has anyone managed to use OpenVPN on Fedora 11 and if so how?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Got it working. I use LZO compression on the OpenVPN server. Once I had installed a C compiler on fedora I was able to install LZO and it worked fine. It worked also in Ubuntu once LZO was installed, Ubuntu came with a C compiler.

Advertisement