Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suitable outfit

• 19-10-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for opinions on this dress to see if it is suitable to wear to a christening, maybe with a little cardigan over it.Lipsy.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's fine imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RadiantGirl

Hi Simu

Thanks, I was just thinking maybe it was a bit too dressy and maybe more for club/going out wear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Its fab, love it. Fine for a christening was at one lately and it was all dressy/going out dresses like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I think it's a little over the top for the occasion but remember that I'm oldfashioned. :-) Rule of thumb for me is that in 15-20 years time when I am going through the old photos with with now grown up niece/nephew/whatever will I be able to look at myself without shuddering/cringing/crying/tearing up the photo and burning it.

The dress is lovely for an evening out but a christining is more of an event. I'd try for something a bit more understated.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Hi All

Thanks for the replies, I really don't know what to do now. I did think it was a little OTT for a christening but thought it was a fab dress. Iv bought it anyway so might keep it for another time. In fairness who could pass up a half price lipsy dress.

Ok back shopping for something less dressy then :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I thought that having to buy more would be a bonus. :)

Please, don't let me put you off wearing the dress. You like it, you wear it. After all it's ultimatly ourselves we have to please.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

Hmm, I have to agree with OldGoat I'm afraid, I would consider that a bit too dressy for a christening. Ultimately though, there's no real reason why you shouldn't wear it, especially if you've got a cardi or something that will dress it down a little bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

I would agree that it's a bit too dressy for a christening. It's a gorgeous dress though!

Hi All

Thanks so much for the replies.

I am tending to agree with majority here. I have a shift dress at home which i think will be more suitable, just get new shoes and maybe a waist belt to go around it. Think the dress would be better for a night out boppin with the girlies.

Thanks for all the honest replies, my peeps on boards are much more honest that my peeps at home....

xxx

Advertisement