Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 5 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The Teacher should have gone. Having made presentations before, it's a cardinal sin to interrupt or correct a team-mate during a pitch.

It cost them the task as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

Steve should definitely have gone. Another ridiculous decision by Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

She saved the task by getting into the rugby club - but her presentation was criticised as being too formal. If she had brought Bref into the boardroom, Bref would have been the one going home

People have done way worse presentations than that, it was not that bad. She made a mistake not bringing Brefmeister back..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yeah it is right there waiting to come out if only the stupid people would just ask him.

No, probably won't happen.

"Beware of stupid people, they will destroy you." Breffney Morgan, episode 3!

The Teacher should have gone. Having made presentations before, it's a cardinal sin to interrupt or correct a team-mate during a pitch.

Agreed, but she has no experience of the business world and should learn from that!

Steve was just a bully, he should know better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 mummy2b

Cant believe the teacher is still around...she drives me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Cool, Marian Keyes should be funny...

Breffney falling... ha ha ha he is actually priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Dear lord that dress does nothing for her!

Agreed, but she has no experience of the business world and should learn from that!

Steve was just a bully, he should know better

Granted that is true, but she has participated in pitches during the show so the formula would not be alien to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Steve should definitely have gone. Another ridiculous decision by Bill

It's not the ad that lost them the task. It was the presentation because Sam kept constantly butting in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Breffney falling... ha ha ha he is actually priceless

Yeah, some of the stuff he has on the apprentice unseen website is hilarious!

Granted that is true, but she has participated in pitches during the show so the formula would not be alien to her.

Fair enough. BOTH of them deserved to go, coin toss. Maria was the last of the three that should have gone. In fact Breffney should have gone too (though I'm delighted he didn't!!), Maria was the last person that should have been fired IMO

Fair enough. BOTH of them deserved to go, coin toss. Maria was the last of the three that should have gone. In fact Breffney should have gone too (though I'm delighted he didn't!!), Maria was the last person that should have been fired IMO

Yeah, I agree - Sam really should have gone, they were ahead after the meteor guys saw the ad. The plan for the presentation was that if someone did screw up in the presentation Maria would direct them back, not Sam.

annoying cow - say it as it is!

I'd agree that Maria was very unlucky to bite the bullet on this task. I have a funny feeling Sam could win this if she manages to learn her lessons from tonight and keeps her trap shut sometimes (as she's done in the previous few weeks).

"inner-city urchin" - BOC is really going to town...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

If Breffney was brought back in he'd definitely be on his ear.

Really dunno how that spoofer has survived this long, probably the same way those twins in X Factor are still alive :D

O don't even mention those twins to me. Reality tv is causing me serious stress these days!! :D:D

Did I mention before how priceless Breff is, literally he is priceless!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Even if Maria had brought him in Breffni, Bill would've passed over him and fired one of the other two.

Breff provides "the" entertainment of the show. The producers know if he goes, they instantly lose a big chunk of viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

that was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Did she actually just consider pissing outside with a camera following her around. That was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Cool, Marian Keyes should be funny...
    You're fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

If the worst happens and the breffinator gets the bullet he should be brought back next year to host the apprentice :your fired show BOC is a joke :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 conchie

Dear lord that dress does nothing for her!

Ohhh I agree..... she was literally BET into it !!! awful in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 conchie

Adoring the Breffmeister...........he is TV gold.........something has to be done to ensure he remains for many weeks to come. These shows are after all made first and foremost as tv entertainment, and they could not have cast better than Breffni and Geraldine, with wild eyed Aoiffe coming up a close third!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Great episode! Breffny stole the show as usual - falling up the stairs. "I was just standing there like a model", "the words were in my brain waiting for it to come out"...classic!!

Was impressed with Lucinda, she's been kinda quiet up to now, but she seemed to really come out of herself in this task - as much as I hate to admit it, Aoiffe also did a good job as PM, but WHAT was with the Cork accent? Think ya need to head down there and hear what a real one sounds like woman...Didn't see much of Stephen at all, did he actually do anything?! and as for Ruth...she seems to have been pretty much non-existent in last 2 tasks. Brendan was being a moaning minnie as usual, and Aoiffe looked to be getting well fed-up of him...hmm, trouble in paradise?

Maria - mmmm, so-so PM, she just stood there while Sam and Steve were bickering, and didn't say a word! Her intro to the advert was also very formal as the guys said, and was way too unnatural. Sam is a complete and utter moron, way too much to say, and should have been the one to get fired, she caused the whole presentation to look unprofessional by her constant undermining of Steve. "Can I just add...?" Can I just add an axe to your head please? Steve did come across as slightly domineering, and didn't llisten to a word Sam said, but jesus, I wouldn't blame him!

Ger and Breff - complete waste of time in this task! They fecked up finding the location completely, and the rest of the time all we saw was them messing around in costumes and the camera following her going for a pee!

The wrong person was fired - FACT. Yes, Maria was the PM, therefore any wrong-doings fell on her, but there were certain things she couldn't have prevented - ie. Sam butting in on Steve every chance she got during the presentation, which ultimately lost them the task - personally, I think their ad was much better than Aoiffe & co. So I reckon if it wasn't for Sam, they would have won the task, therefore she should have been fired.

Disappointing!

Oh, and I thought Maria looked fabulous on the You're Fired show last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

mummy2b wrote: »
    Cant believe the teacher is still around...she drives me mad

how on earth could the producers find from the 2000 plus candidates some better contestants than her, she doesnt seem to have a clue about conducting herself in the real world, but in her favour, she defended herself well in the boardroom. All that steve guy had to say was that their (his) ad was recognised as the better of the two, it was the carry-on of teacher girl in the presentation which lost them the task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

But but but .... she can ♪♫♪ siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ♪♫♪ !!!
    *jazz hands*

Advertisement